Now playing...

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by esgallindeion, Aug 9, 2004.

1. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

YOu can play a lot of Dire Straits and Eagles. People will ove it.. Play Queen..

2. prash_rocks

prash_rocks Over the Hills & Far Away

DT??? huh! where is my petrucci? (ok maybe there currently is for some songs) my myung, portnoy and rudess? get me these and i'll play labrie perfectly for u!

3. prash_rocks

i never quite liked dire straits, and only a few eagles.

4. jayanth

Prash you are asking for too much.. I can only be Petrucci or Portnoy at a time.. So you choose..

5. prash_rocks

wow! i like your style!

well, just now i'd be compelled to seek the portnoy in u... a drummer is what i need bad!

6. jayanth

Chal Ticket book kar a ja..

7. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

playing higher now....amazing song..especially the bridge part....
    learnin sweet child of mine...can never go beyong the intro...tires my fingers so much that they spasm out...any tips...

8. jayanth

Creed? oh oK.. You cant play Sweet CHild beyond the Intro?? Its an easy song..

9. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

yeah....creed-higher..fantabulous song
    arre am playin using GP4 and the lead part is damn diff for me......if u got other chorsds.. i dont mind....the solo is friggin difficult...and i havent really practised my scales...find it boring ...

10. jayanth

Its on the same scale.. Its easy once you stop using Gp4 and start playing by ear..

11. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

:eek: the deal is never ever recieved formal training in guitar...am regretting that now...so can u please tell me what does playing in a scale mean :eek: :eek:
    and i dont understand music when i read about it...lke chord theory...etc....so am in dire straits...

12. jayanth

I didnt recieve Formal training either.. My Teachers were Steve Vai and Joe Satriani on the G3 DVD. .And Also Dave Mustaine on the Woodstock DVD..

13. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

that gives me hope...:)

14. jayanth

what hope?? Learn & Practice.. No time for hoping here...

15. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Right, you have the internet in front of your eyes and the best guitar resources only a few clicks away. What more could yu need?

16. jayanth

Thats ture..
    Essi almost 1000..

17. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Lets keep that to the Congrats, Insert no of posts thread, ok? ;)

18. jayanth

But dont you think the Internet also creates more distraction than required.. Thats why i print stuff out and read them Also i try to Rely more on Videos. so play them on the Lappy and concentrate more.

19. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

i'm having the same prob as prash_rocks now.. a drummer wanted! actually for my college band i have only found a guy who can play keyboards n only hindi!

20. jayanth

Give him your Dream Theater collection and he wil change ultimately..