note in a bracket....

Discussion in 'Guitar Tablature Discussion' started by s_habib_a, May 12, 2007.

1. s_habib_a

s_habib_a New Member

speaking in tabs.....wht does a note in a bracket mean....eg ---2---(2)----, been scratching my head fer a long time over this one....

2. i'm_not_neo

i'm_not_neo el valor máximo absoluto

Can you actually post the entire tab which included this?
    I've known that bracketed notes are optional..but then,symbols in tabs are pretty relative...people come up with their own sign conventions.
    If you post the entire tab it'd be easier to make more sense out of it..Or perhaps wait for some more replies..

3. s_habib_a

s_habib_a New Member

thanks man, optional note would make sense.....the tab which i was referreing to was for 'one last breath' which i got off the WWW.....

Intro/Verse
    e|-2---5---0h2-----------------------------------------------------3-2-----------|
    B|-------------3-----2-3-5--5p3p2h3p2------3--2h3-0------------3-----------------|
    G|---------------0----------------------------------0------0---------------------|
    D|-0-0---0-----------------------------------------------0---0---0---------------|
    A|-----------------0-----0-(0)---------2-2--2------------------------------------|
    E|-----------------------------------------------------3-------------------------|

4. saurabhrocks

saurabhrocks New Member

i think it's muted

5. zing

zing Machine Head

it's optional