NGD: Ibanez S570B and Peavey Vypyr 75

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ayu135, Jan 3, 2012.

1. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

Guys i'm back from a very nice trip to Mumbai. Happy new year to all. Finally bought my guitar and amp.

Guitar: Ibanez S570B (White)
    Cost : 32,600/-
    Bought from : Musicians Mall, Charni Rd., Mumbai.
    Accessories: Gig bag, Cable, Allen keys and wrenches, Free picks :p

Amp: Peavey Vypyr 75
    Cost: 21,000/-
    Bought from: Same as above
    Accessories: Power cable, DVD

I was looking for a guitar with that warm mahogany sound and some versatility with a thin neck and isnt too heavy. I have a thing against Floyd roses especially at this price range as the licensed ones arent very stable. But this one surprised me, it stayed in tune very well even during extreme divebombing.

PROS:
    1) Thin mahogany body provided the same resonance as some thicker ones
    2)The Locking tremolo system is good.
    3)The pickups are good though not perfect but good for stock pups.
    4)The wizard neck is a breeze to play on
    5)It looks good to me in the white finish.
    6)The frets were smooth and levelled
    7) Setting the tremolo angle is a breeze with the knob at the behind.
    8)The finish is good, so are the inlays, the knobs and the pickup selector switch all look sturdy and it looks like the manufacturers have taken good care of it while manufacturing.
    9)The H-S-H pickup combination is versatile enough for my needs

CONS:
    1)It wasnt setup properly out of the box
    2)The guitar tech of the shop was on leave and the guy who set it up in his absence had put the pads of the locking nut the wrong way so you can guess about the rest.
    3)I had to set it up by myself.
    4)Was a bit pricey according to me. Sould have been around the 30,000 mark
    5)The input jack should have been on the side, you have to be careful while pulling out the cable lest you scratch the finish.

I havent spent much time with the guitar yet as i came back today morning from mumbai. This what i could make out from the few hours i could spend with it. It is made in indonesia, in the same factory as the RG Premium models are made . I will set it up properly today and then give it a through test. But yes I can say i liked the guitar. I also checked out various other guitars. The Godins were nice but i didnt like the tone of the maple and poplar body it was brighter than i wanted. The exit 22 was mahogany but it was s-s-h. The build quality on both was equally good. The ibanez was better at playability due to the wizard neck and thin body. The other ones did not perform quite well as these two.

Peavey Vypyr
    PROS:
    1)It was the best amp in the modelling department
    2)Loads of features
    3)The usb recording is useful, they say its studio quality, more on this after recording.
    4)Do i need to say more?

CONS:
    1)It is a bit heavy
    2)It needs the sanpera pedal to unlock its full potential.
    3)The blue marvel is good but a celestion could have been better.

As you see the cons arent many as the vypyr series is a good one. Beats all competition. I have no problem as such with its weight. It is very versatile, stress on very. I mean it can produce a ****ing near acoustic sound. It is loud enough for all my uses. There is a good collection of settings at the www.vypyrsetting.fr

Meanwhile enjoy the pics:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    peavey vypyr 75w by ayu13593, on Flickr

2. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Congrats for your purchase... Happy guitar-ing

3. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the purchases.

The guitar's quite a looker. Can I get a better shot of the inlays? I hope you will be able to the lug the guitar and amp around, would be quite a waste to leave it in the bedroom.

4. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

Thanks all.

Flickr: ayu13593's Photostream here is the link of my photostream on flickr there are a lot of pictures there, anyway here you go thehundredthone [​IMG]

ayu13593, check here for more pics.
    I am working on making the amp portable, going to get a cover of some sort made for it, will attach wheels to that cover so that i can move around this beast. Lets see how it works out.

PS: The ibanez cable is crap if you buy your guitar dont rely on it buy a separate one from planet waves or some good quality one. Realised it when i plugged in my guitar today after coming back there was a hell load of noise i thought i broke the amp in the train or something but it was the cable.

5. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

is the vypyr too loud for room practice..?as in is this amp good for room practise...howz peavey vypyr tube...?any idea and valveking...and how heavy is the amp...weightwise...

6. amithkallupalam

amithkallupalam New Member

Beautiful man! Didnt think the S series looked this good!

7. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

@razor actually it depends on where you live for me yes i can play it in the house, like on the lowest volume it is just a bit loud for a small room. Not that anyone will complain but they will notice. The high gain distorted models tend to get louder, but so far no one has complained so all is good. Dont know about the tube or the valveking. I havent seen those in any store neither nagpur nor mumbai.

8. Sumanovo razor

i saw the vypyr tube in peavey's website...did you try godin freeway classic it has hsh configuration and parker guitars......

9. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

Yeah i know about those, i've seen youtube demos of them too but havent tried those. Yeah i tried the freeway classic, but the one with the maple top was for 39k and moreover the tone of the silver leaf maple and poplar body didnt sound good to me. It was too bright. Parkers were expensive.

10. Sumanovo razor

i rarely go for stage shows...so will a 75watt amplifier be okay for me or a 30?

11. Sumanovo razor

did you buy the sanpera 2 pedal

12. amithkallupalam

amithkallupalam New Member

@Razor, If you dont go for stage shows, you can save that money and get a 30 watt vypyr. And if you need footswitching ability get the sanpera. Although I suggest you get the Line6 POD HD300 with a keyboard amp or something or use it with an existing Amp. I own the vypyr 15 and I love every single bit of it.. Well except for the lose knobs. I love my tone and I'm sure the 30 watt will have a fuller tone and will be more bassy. I should've gotten the 30 watt. But doesnt matter. This is all I need now! :D

13. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

No i didnt buy the sanpera but that is the next thing to buy on my list. I will perform with my amp a few times and i also needed the recording interface so that was the decider for me. If you dont want the recording out and dont want to gig the 30 is the best one.

14. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Awesome guitar dude!!! Congrats!!! :)..Enjoy!!!

15. deepsal

deepsal New Member

hngd man..get a hardcase :)

16. Sumanovo razor

i guess the boss gt 10 is a better option...and why will i buy a keyboard amp...and yeah your guitar is ***y ....ayu135...i really liked the white colour...and the body is also quite slim...

17. deepsal

deepsal New Member

btw mind posting more sideview pics of the body and neck??

18. deepsal

deepsal New Member

hd series eath the gt series and modelers are meant to be used with frfr speakers/keyboard amps if you are using the cab sims
    do some research on frfr

19. Sumanovo razor

there's a price diff. Of 10k between a gt and an hd

20. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

dude it made me cum in my pants