Next tool album

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by shsnawada, Sep 18, 2005.

1. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

So what do you think it would be like?

one long song? Must be around 75 minutes long. If it is it would be the longest song i've ever heard.

Too many fillers?

Maynard becoming too old? He's 44 already

Another Lateralus but heavier?

2. shak

shak Harrr!

oi! watch it! dun be sarcastic about tool .. if you havent got the taste then shush

3. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

actually, hes a big tool fan.

i cant wait for the new one!

4. shsnawada

5. shak

shak Harrr!

ooo really! didnt know that sorry mate!
    i am a huge fan of tool as well ..they certainly get me goin ..sory again

6. shsnawada

every other retard (you, me , Mr.Scary,tejas...etc...) who listens to metal and is on the internet now is a tool freak.
    Theyre an awesome but overrated band is what i think. A typical tool freak would usually listen to deftones, NIN, hatebreed, *insert nu metal band name* and would think that each and every member of tool is unhuman.

7. shak

shak Harrr!

damn its hard to understand what you say ..
    all i know is i aint into nu-metal much .. and i dont like tool because of their genre (what ever that is .. i always put them in @different and eupohric" genre ..hehe") but yeah i knew scary and T are big fans out here ..glad to have you as well ..
    and i'll be honest i am not much of a metal head ... more into classic rock and any music that makes sense .. an thats why i like tool ... if you have listened to my recodings ..you would have defintely felt their presence

8. shsnawada

Your recordings? Where are they?

And btw all i was saying was that tool is an awesome overrated band. EXTREMELY OVERRATED.

9. shak

shak Harrr!

somwhere on IGT .. posted them long time back .all instrumental nauseating music, with strange howling guitar noise ... and sharp pungeant guitar licks .. lol .. the links would have expired by now i guess. ..
    and overrated? hmm probably .. i duno

10. shsnawada

Think about it. How could they reach that "euphoriatic genre"? They must be aweome and overrated at the same time.

Please direct me to the url of the thread with your originals.

11. tejas

tejas ..........

I don't think they are overrated, but I hate it when some of their fans act as if every other band in the world sucks. And the new album, heard its gonna be out early next year. Thats all I know. And supposedly, one of the songs they wrote is Danny's favourite song by them yet (I don't expect someone like Danny to lie about this). So, lets see.

12. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Sorry to piss on this thread guys but I don't like Tool much. I will try (*cough* download *cough*) the new album though. Hope it's good. :)

13. tejas

tejas ..........

Hehe. It will be. Get it. However you want to.... But as you usually do, buy it if you like it.

14. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

hope it cmes to India...i friggin spent 5 days lookin for Lateralus but cudnt find.....so had to dwnload.....

15. shsnawada

This is supposed from toolarmy (what a gay name):
    "the tools have put in a good year and a half working on the songs for this one.
    mjk even has words and melodies for the tunes already!
    and to be honest, i've heard all the demos for the cuts that are going on the album...
    i was even asked to critque em a few times...haha(danny is nuts)!
    and i can safely say this....
    with a few epic 15 minute plus tunes in the program...

Got this from another forum. But kind of curios to listen to the 15 minute things.

16. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

the longest song ive heard is the by yes...72 minutes.
    as for tool...koi bata dena if its worth it

17. shsnawada

72 minutes by whom?

18. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

YES!!..they are a famous prog rock band, the albums name is either fragile or the yes album

19. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

ohh, by the way u may check out 6 degrees of inner turbulence by dreamtheater..55 mins of amazing music.

20. shak

shak Harrr!

wow coool i will check that ..
    i dun think i will be able to buy that in the store .. and i cant pirate ..well i'll ask my freinds ...
    by the way .. just got loads of free (legal) mp3's from john frusciante's website ..pretty cool .. do check em if you can.