New York Nagaram strumming pattern

Discussion in 'Tamil Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by rockychh, Dec 18, 2006.

1. rockychh

rockychh New Member

Hi people
    i have uploaded 2 files ..both for strumming pattern of New York nagaram
    Singalong version
    https://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=587762&songID=4789863
    Original version
    https://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=587762&songID=4789854

i ahve played both of them slowly.

the singalong version is a simpler version of the strumming..but i think this is how it was played originally and then delay effect was given to that masterfully to make it sound so awesome....

the original version...is what it exactly sounds when u paly the orignal new york nagaram song and if u pan left u can hear one strumming pattern and if u pan right u can hear the other strumming pattern...this version is like playing 2 guitars clean with no effects and together getting the same outut as the orignal strumming....

hope this is helpful

enjoy
    www.soundclick.com/chyutya

2. j_necromancer

j_necromancer New Member

really helpful!!!! nice post dude! but how did u achieve the two guitar effect?? were there actually two guitars playin or u played em separately and mixed em???

3. krishnaG

krishnaG New Member

i heard your new york cover..its amazing....can you give me the strumming pattern plz....
    is it something like DUD DUD DU ??????

4. rockychh

rockychh New Member

if ur talking abt the strumming file, then its 2 layers i have mixed.i have played both the tracks and mixed them

as for the version where i have sung, that has only single guitar with an echo.
    the echo is on one channel only so that i can get the sound closer to the origianl strumming..ie first beat on left channel the next on right channel then back agin on left...getting that alternating sound..

but the origianl is simply mindlblowing dunno how that uy has dsone it

5. rockychh

rockychh New Member

dude the first thread of the post has 2 links which is for the strumming pattern..i have played it slowly so just listen n play and ull do fine

6. krishnaG

krishnaG New Member

thanks rocky

7. vinoth_007

vinoth_007 New Member

Pattern

Heyz..i guess this is the pattern
    D UD D UD DD for each of the chord...

8. krishnaG

krishnaG New Member

thanks vinoth, i ll try it out later today...

9. naveenchandragc

naveenchandragc New Member

hello rocky, thanx for the song, heard the vocals seems very near to original. keep it up. hey i wanna know one more thing dude. How do you record these stuff's. would you mind revealing what all you make use of....

10. rockychh

rockychh New Member

its been such a long time since ive logged on to IGT
    need to come here more often

anwyays sorry for the late reply

Recording gear: Collar Mic used for skyping
    Software: Adobe Audition 1.0 or Cool edit Pro (adobe bought it nad renamed it to audition)
    multilayered audio recording can be done to have guitar on separate layer and vocals on separate layers...
    guitar riff was recorded and played as a loop
    and then vocals were added
    mixing and adding effects can all be done in same software

once u get the hang of it,u can sing and play simultaneously...took me abt a week to do that...
    then if u have a dual mic support u can attach one mic to the guitar and have one for singing...

nice thing to have would be couple of Mics (Shure SM58s are nice)
    with a 2 input Pre-amplifier for the Mics
    a soundcard meant for sound recording and processing like a Creative E-MU card
    and ofcourse the right cables :p
    and a room with no people in it to ruin your recording...hehe
    although it is very funny when u have lot of spoilt recordings because suddenly your brother decides to swear at you bcos u have been playing thhe same thing again and again hehe

anyways
    enjoy

11. appu_k10

appu_k10 New Member

nice one bro!!! can i know wat chords are u using???