New to guitars, what should i learn after chords?

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by seventhstring, Jul 27, 2005.

1. seventhstring

seventhstring New Member

hi ppl!!!

wel m kinda new playin guitar.....i cnt practise mch lik all u ppl do bt i don mind learnin it slowly....

at present i can play afew chords lik A,B.....G,their minors,sharps....mostly in barre...n don hv mch prbz wif shiftin......n hd ben doin finger exercises.....

bt nw i dunno wat mst i do nxt....shud i keepon playin newer songz or shud i strt wif sumthn esl.....

plz hlp me!!!!

2. moadhia

moadhia Member

start learning scales... !!!! ... try to finger pick if you dont play with your finger... enjoyy buddyy

3. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Have you given any thoughts on learning to read/write sheet music?

4. J.J

J.J The Guitar God

first u have to do some practice like scaling and more chords like Cmaj and the hardest for a newbie the one the only Fmaj practice them then slowly start to switch between different chords quickly and most important always use a pick and then do the old 1234 excercise that is...

E-1-2-3-4-4-3-2-1-
    ur finger on the first fret should not move think kay wo samad bond say first fret say jur gayi hai. Do this excercise very very quickly ur fingers moving from each fret in "80 ms approx"

and there is a begginers forum go there for some tips.

5. seventhstring

seventhstring New Member

thanx ppl

wel thank ya al.....

bt watz th diff btw C chord i play datz barre on 3rd fret n stringz 2,3 n 4 on 6th string....

n th Cmaj wat u sed.....

n ya i cn strt wif learnin scales bt i don gt hw dz learnin scales hlp while playin guitar....i kno dat dz sound dumb bt hw dz a fixd pattern f notes hlp while playin nythn.......

6. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

You should know that scales are the base of any song. Every song is constructed from a specific scale. So if you dont know scales, you'll have a difficult time in making your own music. Try that 1-2-3-4 exercise, its called chromatics. That'll increase your speed in playing notes and thus you can learn solos. And, scales aren't fixed. You can play them on any part of the fretboard.

7. shak

shak Harrr!

learing chords isnt enuff....get comfortable with them ..try to memorize how they sound like... try changing between them as quickly as possible... try different hand postions. ..try changing over from f to a or Am to Fm ... and so forth ... try other exotic chords like diminshed and suspended ..try to learn a bit of theory as well .. THEN start doing the scales ... cuz if you dont know your chords and your guitar ... scales wont do you any good