New electric guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by steel, Dec 18, 2004.

1. steel

steel New Member

Ppl i am gonna buy a new elec guitar...pls help me..wich brand is gud..and wich amp..my price range for da guitar is <15,000....and wot all shud i chk for in the guitar?PLS HELP ME :cool: :nw:

2. jayanth

jayanth &lt;.: : Call Quits : :.&gt;

Check out Ibanez, Hamer, samick, Comet and If you are interested ask me details for a Custom Guitar..

3. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Hey, wow, 15,000. Go for a custom guitar dude, ask jay about the details. He'll get you an amazing guitar at that price. BTW, where are you from?

4. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

hey jayanth
    u never told me u make guitars?
    Anyways I need some serious help man. My guitar is a single piece thingy. THe freakin fret board is connected to the body. I am thinking of getting a new fret board made along with a new bridge(minus floyd rose).
    can u help me out?
    How much will it cost?

5. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Chintan, he doesnt make guitars. He's talking about Tulsi custom guitar maker. I'm sure he'll get back to you with the cost related stuff.

6. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

oh!
    sorry my mistake.
    anyways can someone help me out here. Do u think it is possible to actually cut out the wood and get a fret board made, without damaging the rest of the guitar.

I think ill put up a pic or something(later)

7. jayanth

Ok call me Chintan.. I can help you out.. I know them really well..

8. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

poor steel is left without much help:

tell us where ur from and we could refer you to a good guitar store in the city...
    when you are looknig for a guitar - a few things to look for are:
    1. Tone - this is how your guitar sounds - based upon the pickups, the body's wood, etc... also etter guitars have better circuitry and that improves sound quality.
    2. Touch - your fretboard and your strings provide touch (strings also change tone) - its important to see how hard or soft you want your touch to be.... most pppl prefer a soft touch - it makes it easier to play..
    3. Looks - im not sitting and explaining this one
    4. Price - of course you have a budget (15k u said)

i dont exactly remember good guitars at that price range though im sure there are some.. pm me if ur interested in buying my yamaha - 4 yrs on warranty and very good features

9. jayanth

@ Death :- Your RG370DX is 14990 in Bangalore..

10. deathdr_87

u serious? oh well... so much for going to shady little music stores.... thanks for telling me....

11. jayanth

But Ibanez sucks anyways..

12. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

^^ibanez electric guitaars sux?? :shock:

13. jayanth

@ FR :- Its Guitars.. Not Guitaars..

14. fictional_real

@jayanth...okie dokie...cool cool. wat makes u so angry?

15. deathdr_87

@jayanth: im sure frs use of 'guitaars' was unintentional.

oh ya... can steel tell us if he got his guitar coz if he did ill stop coming to this thread.... we do not seem to be doing much with the topic of this thread and the one thing i just hate is off topic stuff (yes im a hypocrit)

and steel i just found out that the guitar i bought - ianez rg370dx is now for 14990 in b'lore - ask jayanth if ur interested - he told me abt the price in b'lore....

16. fictional_real

i think ibanez rg370dx aint bad....since loads of ppl like death metal fand and death87 uses them...and are happy wid it?

wat do u say death87? ...how does it sound..if u r playing stuff like metallica, megadeth ...slayer.

17. deathdr_87

sounds really good for megadeth slayer, metallica, etc.... not so much for clapton, etc... but its also good for most of the popular stuff like gnr and other rock like that which crowds seem to love - so thats good...

18. fictional_real

^^thanx...dmf too has the same guitars...korean made...havent heard frm him...he promised he wud arrange 4 a mic though.

19. SimonSuhas

SimonSuhas New Member

Details required

Hi Jayanth, can you plz send me the contact details of Tulsi musicals.

20. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!