New acoustic guitar-URGENT

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by cronix, Apr 30, 2006.

1. cronix

cronix New Member

Hey guys.... This is my first post on this site and i need help. I have been learning guitar since 6 months. i have been using my friend's guitar- Givson Venus. Now i want to purchase my own Acoustic guitar. I want to choose between Fender and Takamine. My budget is around 10-12 K. Please help me here. Suggest me which model to buy too.

2. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

in think fender is better. it will also give you a good resale value

3. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

wow you have a budget of 10-12 k.. cool you willget anice accoustic for that.. Both the Takamine and the Fender are good. The fender might have a slight edge over the Takanmine. But repeat BUT, cheak out both guitars, and decide whihc sounds better to your ears, also cheak the action and the feel of the neck, and how the guitar feels when you hold it, " ther should be a bonding between you and the guitar. I personaly would prefer the Fender, but then ther could always be a Takamine that would sound, feel and play better, as there could always be a badly made guitar. My best advice is dont just blindly look at brand names though that is vaery good strating point. There are always some badly made guitar among Big Brand names.

4. cronix

cronix New Member

Could u please suggest the model too. I am getting Fender dg4ce for 9100/-. Is it a good guitar. There is a ovation guitar for Rs 10000 too. Is it good. The sound felt good to me. I havent seen the fender guitar

5. cronix

cronix New Member

And the problem is that i stay in Ahmedabad. There are no Fender or Takamine dealers here. I have to order it from Mumbai.So i am completely dependent on u guys. Please suggest something. Could u please also give me websites where i can buy guitar in indian rupees. i know bajaao.com

6. pikrohit

pikrohit New Member

try
    washburn d-10s and d10 lovely guitars
    takamine g240

7. cronix

cronix New Member

where can i get washburn guitars in india.

8. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Ok DONT BUY A GUITAR WITH OUT TRYING IT OUT, No matter which BIG BRAND. If you have tried out the Oviation and liked it buy it. Dont order a guitar online.

9. pikrohit

pikrohit New Member

dont buy a guitar online. try if you can go to bombay or delhi. thrs a shop called bharat music in delhi, lajpat nagar. they are authorised dealers of washburns. they also have takamines.

10. cronix

cronix New Member

How is Fender dg4ce?

11. pikrohit

pikrohit New Member

it is good but again DO NOT BUY AN ACOUSTIC WITHOUT TESTING IT

12. cronix

cronix New Member

Which according to u is the better one.... fender dg4ce, takamine g240, washburn d10s or ovation applause

13. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

@cronix....Takamine are very famous for acoustics however as everyone suggested buy a guitar only after you play or tell your friend who knows abt guitar to play and then buy and send it to you. From which place are getting these guitars from mumbai?

14. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Agreed Takamine is great. Infact John Georgeson of the Hellcasters uses a Takamine Accoustic, but uses Fender solid body electrics. Again we have said this Zillions of times DONT BUY THE GUITAR ONLINE. You can ask some one who know to play the guitar to buy it for you and get it along with him when he is coming to meet you . I would avoid asking someone to send it to you. Trust me on that I am in the courier industry and I personaly know how parcels are handeled :( .

15. cronix

cronix New Member

hey guys thanks for all the advice..... i have tried the ovation but it had no pickup..... and i just wanted to know other people's view on the guitars too.... i am surely gonna try before i buy. which is the best place for guitars at mumbai?

16. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Cronix I have not seen or heard of an Ovitaion without a pickup. I may be wrong on this, but I am very sure al oviation models have pickups built in them > THAT along with the Lycra Bowl is what OVIATION IS FAMOUS FOR.

Bhargavas and furtados are both good. But Irecommend Bhargavas. Ashsih at Bhargavs is very warm and friendly.

17. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

I have owned Ovations in the past and still own one but I would recommend getting a Takamine if you can get a decent one in your price range - you may get the Jasmine in the price range which is a low cost version of Takamine guitars.

The next best alternative should be Yamaha - they are really good sounding. I have never played a Fender acoustic so am unsure how it sounds.

In Mumbai - contact Ashish or Brijech of Bhargavas - tell them Vishal sent you - they know me from all my guitars and are good friends too!

Cheers! Post pics when/if you buy something soon!

18. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

Yamaha really are the Bomb!! Acoustics are awesome. Fender is also really really good. Personally i have a yamaha...and love it tremendously.

As for the price i really dont know how much they cost in India..so i cant help you there....

good luck and tell us wht happens.

19. cronix

cronix New Member

Hey guys i got a fender dg4ce.... i checked it out and found it extremely good.... it has a piezo pickup with a four band equilizer and a built in pre amp.... it is a cut-a-way guitar.... i am happy with it.... not a bad deal for 9100/- right

20. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Congrats. I hope you tried it out before buiyng it and did not buy it online.