Need to buy an Acoustic Guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by smitzonian, Jun 23, 2006.

1. smitzonian

smitzonian New Member

Hi , I have been playing since 6 months , and now i am ready to graduate to a good aounding acoustic guitar.

Please advise as to which guitar i shoud buy and from where , my budget would be 10K .

smitzonian

2. have patience

see 6 months is not a great time ,this is a common experience with most players that they want to play well and if they can't they blame the guitar for it. my advise is that you shud buy a new guitar after about a year and half of playing becoz of two reasons one that by that time you shall have a bigger budget and a lot of playing experience under your belt ,becoz there are so many varities of guitar like dreadnought , jumbo, grand auditorium archtop,. these are the shapes and then the specifications of wood type used for the back front and sides and also guitar of what scale will you buy there are many options and a newbie like you cud get confused. look out sites that offer help on buying guitar(google it up) and save a little more money say around 20k to 35k ,after some experience u will be in a state to decide the type of guitar and also a really great sounding guitar.

there are many companies but some with repo are yamaha, takamine ,fender(not so good),taylor,ibanez. and while buying a guitar play it for about 15-20 min until u are fully satisfied and trust ur ears there are minor defects in guitars like a warped neck even a minor crack in the wood means a lot

but if u insist on buying one now go for a yamaha or ibanez take a experienced player with you .

jocelyn likes this.
  3. smitzonian

smitzonian New Member

Thanks Saurabh ... i think i am just going to haev patience.... Cheers

4. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Well Said......................

5. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

10 k!!!!!! My god!!! You will get a very very decent guitar with that money if you want....

Go for GB&A or Givson....

6. Double Click

Double Click New Member

^^^^ STOP RECOMMENDING GIVSONS!!!! THEY SUCK!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

For 10K , there area lot of options available... Try the Yamahas and Takamines.... You could also try the Pluto accoustics. Good quality guitars at a price that wont burn a hole in your pocket.

7. Johny Bravo

Johny Bravo The Boy Genius!

8. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

I personally have a very soft corner for givson :p:

I do not know at this point, wot kind of guitars they are making, but they use to make very very good guitars....

I personally have a Signature guitar and that rocks!! :rock: