Need some opinions before finalizing

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by fidach, Mar 28, 2007.

1. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Will have clips by tommorow

2. fidach

fidach New Member

Thank you!

Hi guys,

Thanks to everyone who took time out to reply to my queries. I finally bought the Greg Bennett Avion AV6 and the Laney LX20D amplifier from Furtados in Mumbai.

At the end of it all, I realized that the sagest advice when it comes to guitar purchases is to go to a shop, play the instruments and take what you like.

At Furtados, I got arguably the best customer service of my life. The store was empty when I went (Sat morning), and this guy, Siddharth, let me try pretty much every guitar under 20k, and I played the ones I liked multiple times. After trying about 15 guitars (!), I felt that AV6 sounded closest to what I wanted and it was very easy to play as well. Did a bit of surfing at a nearby net cafe to make sure that I'm not buying an absolute lemon and then went ahead and bought it.

By this time I was quite tired and the time was around 2 pm (the Mumbai heat not helping things much), so I quickly decided on the Laney amp as they did not have the Roland cube/microcube and I was not relishing the prospect of a dealer hunt in the midday sun :)

Once again, thanks guys for all the help!

Amit.

3. rohit

rohit New Member

i also have an roland micro cube .it's pretty loud but obviously not made for jamming.the amp models are good especially r-fier.

4. yazi

yazi Banned

Congats bro, upload pics in a new thread soon!