Need some job advise

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by vivo_b, Sep 26, 2005.

1. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

Hey IGTians.....so I'll be actively job-hunting this whole semester. I need some tips on how to approach companies, interview with them and just generally how to go about the whole job-search thing.
    I have to attend a career fair tomorrow at the University so please respond with suggestions.....Thanks

The Brave

2. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

It would be great help, if you could atleast mention what job you are looking?

3. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

oh yeah.......thats why ur the lord man.

Anyways looking for a electrical engineering job......mostly in analog design or control systems. Also am kinda interested in technical consulting

4. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Are you looking for a job in Mumbai only or are you willing to move, is this part time or full time? What CTC are you expecting, do you have an experiences, certificates of excellence and stuff like that? What would you say is your skill level? What have you passed with distinction, first-class etc?

5. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hi Vivo,
    There aren't many companies into Analog Designs and Control Systems or even Power Systems. I am not say there aren't any but not many. You could rather look at Digital Logic Design or Communication or Networks and things like that. Wireless Networks are pretty popular these days. There are plenty of products coming out based on 802.11g. Even most of the Digital Logic Design companies are into the areas of Telecommunication and Networking. Application software is the easist thing to get into though.

6. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

hi vivo,
    there are many start ups in emerging citites like pune,chennai,gurgaun,cochin which pay you a handsome 20k but they recruit selectively.U got to be strong in whatever ur field be.You would always be asked about your favourite subject.And then u will b grilled on that subject.And always b prepared.Currently its a job rain...Everyone is gettin jobs because all of a sudden the demand has sky rocketed but the supply of tech persons remained the same.So always b positve n confident.Thatz all that counts.
    So all the best.

7. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

geez guys.....looks like I need to clarify a lot of things......sorry.

Qualifications: Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engg.
    Specialization: Analog Design; Robotics and Control Systems

Questions:

How do you approach company representatives?
    Any tips for Interviews?

8. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

guy...sorry for being so stupid....i thought u were put up somewhere in india.