Need Second Hand Processor

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by yazi, Dec 10, 2006.

1. yazi

yazi Banned

Ppl, I need a second hand Zoom 505II or &707( with expression pedal). Can't buy a new one as I spent all my dime on getting myself a space to live in(I envy you, Laneymaney) and am a beginner too. So anybody out there wanting to sell their stuff?

2. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

hey dude....i think i know of a 707 for sale. One of my school mates has a Korg AX1000 and a 707. I think he's planning on selling it......PM your number and ill try source one out for how. What price are you looking at?

3. yazi

yazi Banned

I don't know. Give me an idea and I will tell you if its in my budget or not.

4. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

^^^ Where do you live bro???

5. yazi

yazi Banned

Ya, thats another prob. I am now in Bhubaneswar, Orissa. So, whoever sells, I gotta take his word for it. So I thing buying it through ebay listing would be better right?

6. born2tab

^^^Dont buy anything that you havent chked it by playing...So it wont b a good idea to buy thru ebay...try spreading your requirement thru frenz and find out if some common fren is selling it or not..thats the best way to lay hands on a used processor

yazi likes this.
  7. yazi

yazi Banned

I am just a beginner so I dont think I can get much idea by playing. And I live in a stinking rut. This city has a rock crowd of max 200. So, I am befuddled! Help!

8. born2tab

I think ronnieanand can help you out...he is the hardware guy i mean the guitar gear guy...Also one of his frenz was about to part with his zoom...so better PM him and proceed

9. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

yea....dont buy anything without trying....specially 2nd hand stuff....try rsjonline classifieds....could sware i saw a 707 up for sale 2 weeks ago

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Dude, list out your requirements.

Maybe you dont need to buy a second hand processor.

Believe me, just list your requirements.
    Like:
    I want to sound like Metallica/Megadeth
    I want to have whacky effects like Tom Morrello (RATM)
    I wanna have fat overdrive tone like Slash
    etc

11. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

I agree to some extent. All I've ever used is drive, chorus, reverb, delay, compression/isolation, equalisation, noise reduction and amp modelling

Wait, that didn't turn out right... :p:

12. yazi

yazi Banned

Ok. Requirements:
    1. I want to sound like dream Theater
    2. I still want to sound like Dream Theater while playing live on stage
    3. I want it to also be able to play Nickleback
    4. Heard expression pedals are needed for a good variety!

13. thehundredthone

1. & 2. Dream on! :p:

He (JP) uses Mesa/Boogie for all his sounds. I'll give you a breakdown of Petrucci's DT rig tomorrow.

3. When they invent a processor that can play songs for you I'll let you know. Until then will a CD/mp3 player do?
    4. Well not really unless you want to adjust the volume or gain on the fly. Or if you're using wah.

14. yazi

yazi Banned

lol. I knew that man. I was just waiting for reactions. Ok:

1. I need a processor wikth which I can record, play live and also play the master of puppets. Thats all I wish for.

15. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

just get a Digitech Distortion Factory then....if u only want to play master of puppets....oh and for the solo....ehh

why not

a DS-1
    Crybaby wah

16. yazi

yazi Banned

heh heh, all that is good. But I was just citing an example. I have a very diverse portfolio of music that I listen too. So I need something as diverse to play with. I am not genre specific.

17. thehundredthone

Distortion factory is as bad as a multi fx :p:

You can't really want the Master of Puppets tone as your tone...

Check out the AMT pedals they're supposedly good.

18. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

I have a 505II for sale

Hi,

I have a 505II for sale. Couple of years old, bought in the UK. Works perfectly, and is 8/10 on looks. If you are OK with 2800 inclusive of delivery at Bhubaneswar, let me know and I will send it across by my company courier to you. Will reach in 3 days. I am selling it because I already have a bunch of processors / pedals, and now am shifting to bass as well. If OK, pm me and I will give you my account details. Also, you don't have to worry about it not working, I would not cheat you for Rs 2500. And whatever people say, the 505II presets may be bad, but if you tweak around with the sound a bit, you can get some amazing tones.

Sanjiv

19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Of course I cannot counter what 100-Dhawan posted. :p:

But what I see is that you are looking for Mesa/Boogie tone.
    The stomp boxes that can come quite close to reproducing that sound are + easily available in India are:
    1. Tech 21 GT2 (9K)
    2. Tech 21 TRI-AC (11K)
    3. AMT California (6K)
    4. AMT Fatal Tube (6K)

Expression pedals: maximum used for volume swells and wah effects.

20. yazi

yazi Banned

Bro, I didn't like the 505II. Do you have anything else?