Need Line 6 PODxt Live Processor/Help with processor

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by rammy, Dec 9, 2005.

1. rammy

rammy Guitar=Dope ; Me=Addict

Hey guys,
    i need to buy a pocessor for my electric (epi les paul custom), i am looking for Line 6 PODxt LIVE,(new) if neone knows where i can find one(delhi wud be prefered but rest of india will also do), as i dont know a single shop that sells line 6 products........
    also if neone knows neother good processor to go with it then please let me know.........i was also thinkning for boss gt-8 but dont know bout it, if neone uses it then please let me know....
    Thanks.

2. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

Stick to the POD XT Live. Seems to be better than the Boss Gt8.

3. BIG_EVIL

BIG_EVIL Guitaring Machine

Rp-300
    Behringer Vamp2
    Boss gt-8
    Zoom 707

^^^ are good processors

4. rammy

neone knows neshop that sells line6 in delhi or maybe in india?please let me know.........

5. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Line 6 = Good FOR a stdio kind of sound on stage.. Lacks Punch and is actually neat.. Cant deny that..

Gt8 is good on stage.. No issues with feedback and feedback can be controlled thru the processor itself..

Buy depending on the kind of music you play.. If you are into a lot of rock, Blues, funk LINE 6 is deadly..

If you are thinking heavier like metal(and its million forms) Gt8 is a better buy..

6. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

7. rammy

thanks hindirox, i hav seen both in action, u know wat, sonam sherpa and saurabh both of parikrama, uses lin6 podxt and gt-8 respectively, i am into more of studio recordings and not on stage so i wud better go with line6 but i am not able to find a shop which sells line6, if u find one, then do let me know.........thanxs again.........Bye

8. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Good Luck Dude... Line 6 POD XT Rox.. I can never say it doesnt.. It's just not made for stage.. Did you read the reviews?

9. soulscape777

soulscape777 Oneiric

Line 6 Dealer in India -

S.U.N Media
    Flat NO 1, Krishna KUNJ,
    Ashok Nagar Cross Road NO 3
    Kandivili East, Mumbai
    400 101
    0091-22-28843772 (phone)
    0091-22-28841590 (fax)
    sunmedia@vsnl.com

they charge import duties and shipping(all over India) so XT Live works out somewhere on the lines of 25 - 27 K and its 220V so u dont have to worry about carting a step down converter.Its a lil steep but saves u alot o hassles..anyways the choice is yours,just giving u info.
    Personally,i love line 6 products...i
    ve been using them for years ever since the early PODs came out n have used /owned almost all there products except for the Vetta II and Variax 700/600
    The only thing i miss on it is the pitch shifter/harmonizer but i make up for it by using a PS 5 sometimes or other stuff.
    U'll love the model pack amps as well.

:beer:

10. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

^^ To Each His Own! I like them a lot too.. I loved the POD 2.0.. Sadly i'm selling it.. Need some cash for an amp..

The pitch bend on GT8 is really cool.. You can doule up the effect and use it like Tom Morello uses it in LIKE A STONE SOLO.. A pinch of delay and a little sub delay will blow the hell out of that solo..

11. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

My experience from when I used both is that the XT sounds mastered and mixed...and hence suitable fro line in type applications.
    The GT-8s distortions were less subtle and complete balls-to-the wall...but the effects were great..clean it smoked everything else...maybe it would shine into an amp.
    I've called up the Sun Media guys...they quoted 27k which is insane in my opinion...thats almost 8 k more than the US retail price. The GT-8 and GNX3000 are both sold in Bombay at 23k ish...despite all 3 of them costing roughly the same in the US .

12. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

I got Gt8 for 16k.. Some sale.. PLus i have membership in MF.. The Line 6 products are amazing.. I would still not mind giggging with the POD 2.0 but i cant afford a foot pedal.. I mean i can but i dont want to spend on it.. I had kept it for the old band album and stuff for studio.. But then gave up.. Selling it..

I've been keeping a lot of gear secrets.. I just want some higher end stuff..

13. rammy

Thanxs all

Thank u all so much for ur replies, well i will be using an Epiphone les paul custom with twin emg - 81's with the amp so......stil confused :think: which one to go for, hindirox, i did read the reviews and found gt-8 quite gud by those..but i am more in studios than netime on stage (maybe that'll also be tere in the future) and acc. to u guys, line 6 looks the types for it , i play some classic rock, few metal(i luv satriani malmsteen and santana the same) but the kind of music i play most is (here's the difficult part) Indian Classical - yes, i play all that stuff with rock techniques.....as i was trained in it since childhood :nw: .....i dont mind spending some K's more for line 6 than gt-8 as i want to spend on something that'll keep me tight for good time.....and i dont have neprobs in getting it from mumbai(i live in delhi) even....i got a recording setup with a tascam for laptop and a MOTU in the studio so ithe usb interface is only good for patch updates thats where PODxt excels(with other things for sure) and also it rocks(i witnessed it) on stage as i told ya before, that parikrama's lead guitarist :nw: sonam sherpa uses PODxt for his gigs and also Prestorika's lead guitarist :nw: (Lokesh) recommended me PODxt.......also one more thing.is it reliable to get a processor from hongkong or singapore(thats if someone else brings it for ya) :confused: .....and if neone knows, then wats the price diff here and there.....lets see...also, thank u soundscape :rock: for the lin6 dealer info and abhijit for that call :beer: .......i had given up hope of finding one on my own.i'll call them tomo and will ask more details :tele: .....Again, Thanxs all , beena great help...and thanxs IGT. :rock: ..IGT ROCKS :rockon:

14. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Singapore is reliable.. Now HK.. Go for Line 6 tat suits your music.. Its obviiously cheaper there.. Anyways TASCAM rocks.. How much did you shell out for it..

15. rammy

Hi hindirox, i've got a tascam us-122 to use with the laptop as its USB powered, and shells out phantom so is very portable and easy to use...also we have a US-428, the US-122 was bought recently....as i am into music programming and arrangin too it helps in portability and the only diff is the presence of faders which are now rarely used.also US-428 dosent have a phantom power supply so have to carry lot of equipment for it again.....US-122 rocks........i got it for some $200 from MF in US and my relatives got me that then here....its for some 12-13k in delhi...US-428 costed bout 30-32k here (round bout 1.5 +years back).........also, did u said NOT HK or NOW HK?? and yeah.i'll be getting Line6 podxt.....i think i'll buy it from here only, couldnt talk to SUN media today, will do that tomo if they are charging duty etc. then they must be giving warr too, that helps.....there's no Line6 dealer in delhi though..its bad that the equipment is so much scattered...

16. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Dude become a member at MF. YOu'll get 25$ coupons every year. I got a major discount thanks to that. I was looking itno the Digi 002.

NOT HK. Sorry.. Yeah! But you get POD 2.0 everywhere in Bangalore.