need info on squire stratocaster...plz

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by amateur123, Nov 2, 2006.

1. amateur123

amateur123 New Member

hi......i need info on squire stratocaster......r they good? ....what is the price?......thank u very much

2. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

I have an Standard model Squier Stratocaster, its as good as a mexico fender. Problem is, you can't buy standard series in India, you get affinity or california. These are also good, but you got to choose your piece very carefully. The california ones are better, but if you want the vintage clapton fender look with maple fretboard etc, you will have to go for a standard series. I bought my standard strat in London for GBP 200 approx, thats over Rs. 16000, and i think its worth every bit. Do check the affinity and california out, these shopuld be between 9K and 12K. Conversely, you could check out the squier tele, these are much better crafted IMO. Bajaoo was selling one for 11K, maple fretboard I think.

3. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I have a Squier Standard Strat. It's pretty good. I like the feel of it's nice maple fretboard. The only issue is the tuning stability, otherwise it's pretty good. The stock pickups were awesome. I replaced them to Lace Sensor Gold set but that's a different story. I bought a new unused piece for Rs.4000. Yes you read it right...4000 only...For that price, it's mind blowing....The California Series is also cool. Not too bad but standard ones are better....

4. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

Oh come on Ronnie, why you psyching the poor guy up. Surely you did not buy it from a store for 4K. As far as I remember it was lying with a friend, right? Don't send the poor guy hunting for 4K. I think the fair price for a decent one would be 13-14K, what do you say?

5. amateur123

amateur123 New Member

i visited the shop yesterday...squire standard stratocaster costs about 11k....is it reasonable?

6. ronnieanand

Are you sure it was 11K for a Standard Strat. To my knowledge the California Series sells for 11K. Standard must be priced even higher...

7. amateur123

amateur123 New Member

ya...nothing like california series was written on head stock ......."stratocaster" was written on it..

8. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

Look closely again. It will be towards the end of the head. Its usually written in small fonts. Could be written Affinity, California or Standard. If there's nothing written, and the fret is maple, it could be california, which is not bad if you can get it for 10.5 or 11K. You can stick on a high gain single coil at the bridge later if you want some bite, your choice.

9. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

My firend has a Squier Affinity Tele which I really like.Nice neck, low action and beautiful bright jangly rhythm tone.If you like the Tele vibe, do look at that one too.

10. ronnieanand

I think, this one is that starter pack thingy. It's crap....