Need help to buy guitar pedals

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by BIG_EVIL, Jun 13, 2005.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hey,
    That Arion Tubulator is a crap. It's a $15 distortion, so how much quality can you expect in it. If your Aunt hasn't bought it ask her to get you something else. Maybe a DS1 for $39 if $e$$teritie$ is a concern.

2. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

lol ronnie u'll make a good aunt.. coz ur knowledgeable too :)

3. BIG_EVIL

BIG_EVIL Guitaring Machine

4. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

the boss ds-1
    YUCK , itz crap
    the AMT"s r 10 times better !!!

5. ronnieanand

Hey Alfons, how much have you played the AMT pedals to make a comparison with DS1 and also call it 10 times better.

By the way, I suggested DS1 because it's $39 and as an alternative to Tubulator which is $15. For AMT you sponsor him the remaining $65.

6. BIG_EVIL

BIG_EVIL Guitaring Machine

dude
    my aunt will become mad wen i say
    " ive changed my mind again" ;)

so the boss DS-1 is fine for now yaar

7. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

@ronnie havent played 'em but heard da sound demos
    the difference id NOTICEALBE!

8. ronnieanand

Actually they dont sound like they are in Demos. Infact that's the case for every pedal. The recordings you heard were Dimitar's who is an AMT employee. There are so many other EQuing in pedals + software EQuing has gone through. So the demo is only indicative to a slight extent. So dont believe any of the demo soundclips totally,

Play through a Tube Amp and AMT is not very impressive. Actually my Keeley Mod Boss BD2 really shined through. With a real nice crunch, gain and super sustain. BD2 is one of the best pedals I have come across. If you mod it, then it becomes a real pro pedal.

For higher gain sounds AMT is anyway pretty decent. Checkout the Rocktron Silver Dragon. It's a semi tube pedal with a single 12AX7 tube. A real nice one. Checkout Death Rattle II by Toadworks or Mr.Ed by Toadworks. Damage Control Womanizer is a damn agressive pedal. Actually there are tons of great distortion / overdrive pedals.

9. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

A modded BD2 is gonna be very costly..I'm trying desperately to get my hands on that silver dragon!!!