Need help selecting a guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by apakhira, Sep 9, 2008.

1. apakhira

apakhira New Member

Hi
    I'v been playing acoustic guitar 4 quite some time and decided finally to buy an electric. My budget is within 12k.
    I wanted a Floyd Rose, but i can settle for a vintage tremolo if i hav 2. I would mostly play Blues and Classic Rock...and a bit of Metal now and then. Here are the options that i hav in the price range from some of the shops i scouted in my city (Kolkata):
    Ibanez GRG-170DX (arnd 11k)
    Washburn X20 or X10 (not sure...the guy at the shop cudnt tell and the 2 models hav similar features xept 4 the Grover tuners...its 4 11.5k)
    Aria STG-004 (8.5k)
    Squire Affinity Strat (arnd 11k...didn't like playing this one)

I'd appreciate it greatly if u wud make your suggestions about these...
    Thanx

2. ywdhfjtu

ywdhfjtu New Member

Hi der!!

Ibanez GRG 170DX is a good choice. Dont know abt other guitars. You wont get a floyd rose tremolo for Ibanez in that range. It starts from 13.5k. Fender squier I heard is not durable. I hve Ibanez GRG 150 which has following features:
    1. 24 frets
    2. vintage Tremolo
    3. Basswood body
    4. Maple neck
    5. Rosewood Fret board
    6. Dot inlays
    7. 5 positions pickup selector
    8. H-S-H
    9. Pickup guard

The difference between GRG 170DX and GRG 150 is 170DX have shark tooth inlays, 22 frets and no pickup guard and the later has dot inlays, 24 frets and a pickup guard and the price difference is Rs. 500 (I think).

If you want to hear the sound, click the link given below

https://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=871248

3. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Washburn
    and no Floyd

4. apakhira

apakhira New Member

cool...thanx...ywdhfjtu, it wudv been bettr if u had some clean guitar tone samples...

5. zak*wylde

zak*wylde New Member

Dont buy an aria , they are not that gud........go for the ibanez grg170

6. apakhira

apakhira New Member

fine...will luk at the Ibanez stuff agen then...in one of the shops the 1 they had turnd out 2 b not workin..n in anothr they gav an Ibanez saying it ws GRG270(!!) bt it felt like shit...can possible b 270!! Any othr suggestions? And hat about Axl guitars? Are they good?

7. apakhira

apakhira New Member

well, anyone els wanna make any comment??

8. nukeu666

nukeu666 New Member

yamaha pacifica series is also legendery
    pacifica 112 comes for about 13k

9. apakhira

apakhira New Member

well, as 4 Pacifica, i thnk i wnt b able 2 do wid 21 frets...n hw r Cort guitars??

10. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

i own a grg170dx.......it simply kicks ass.....go in for that if you ask me.....