Need help playing B and F chords :(

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by DJCrunkMix, Oct 18, 2005.

1. DJCrunkMix

DJCrunkMix Get crunked up!

I am having trouble with B and F chords :eek::. When i try to play the B chord, its takes like 2-3 seconds to place my fingers and the chord doesnt sound right. When i play the strings one by one, i have to press really hard to play them. Same with F chord. I have no clue how to play the F chord. I looked up a thread on "how to play the F chord" but doesnt really make any difference... The key is to switch between chords quickly. I can switch from A, C, G, D very easily :) . Most of the hindi songs are based on F and Bm chords :( ...

Any help is greatly appreciated :nw:

Thanks !

2. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

First learn the chords thoroughly ie make them to sound good. Only practice can help this. Then play with a metronome. Keep it at a slow speed like 40 bpm and change the chord for every two ticks or even every four ticks. Once you are comfortable increase the metronome speed till you reach about 100 bpm. Then get the metronome to 40 again and this time change chords for every tick. Slow increase the speed as you get comfortable. Once you reach a speed of about 80bpm, you are already doing a good job and you chord changing is no more a problem to you. Trying with Metronome helps in changing correctly with the time.

Use other chords as well. Or even make a Rhythm and then play it with the Metronome.

3. jekyll

jekyll Banned

Time n Practice ...
    there are no short cuts ...

nothing else will work ...

metronome will help u to increase your speed ...

4. ronnieanand

Metronome is not just for speed but will help playing in time.

5. vini

vini Repeat Offender

all newbies have to face same problems like urs...it takes time to place fingers in barred position and switch to other chord and then there comes the string muting problem in case of barre chords...

the only suggestion which can be given to u is PRACTISE and thats the only and only way out..face all these problems initially and dont ever give up..dont get frustrated when u hear urself playing pathetically...practise more n more and u'll see the silver lining in clouds clearly!! :)

all the best!

6. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

this certainly is ur fav line... ;)

is it..?

7. vini

vini Repeat Offender

no why?? lolz..do u think i use it too often here??

heh..anyways..i dont wanna be offtopic here ;)

8. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

yeah,
    ive seen u use it many a times..so..was just a bit curious to know..lol ;)

9. DJCrunkMix

Thanks everyone for your advice... :nw:

does this work for F Chord ? :eek::

Code:
    x x - - - -
    E A D G B E
    -----------
     	1 1
    -----------
    -----------
    -----------

10. ronnieanand

If you fret it properly it will work. You could fret the A string in the third fret and you have an inversion called F/C. If you leave the high E string to ring as an open string, then you get FMaj7. If you fret the first fret of the G string instead of the second fret, then you get F Minor. Now enjoy with a lot of chords once get you get your fretting straight.

11. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

One month it took me to learn barre

12. DJCrunkMix

Hmm....

One month ??? :shock:

I've been playing guitar since 1 year , but not on a regular basis. :think:. I hate the B chord. Also, Gm is a barre chord :eek::.

Anyways, i wont lose hope... :aggre: .

Rock on :rock:

13. vini

vini Repeat Offender

oh yes

what happ wid me was..i firsly practised playing all majors barred for sometime and then tried minor but thats when it got worst coz in minor i had to remove one finger..so more stress on ur index finger.

but dont worry..U can overcome all the hurdles wid practise..n try to be more regular..i feel being irregular kinda breaks the link with ur guitar :)

tahda!!

14. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

whst tahda.......
    @dj, for hindi...mostly we use F,G Am,Bm,C and D chords...most hindi revolve arond this..so get this rtie first.......

ands for barr chords trouble play this pattern......C Am F G