Need help in buying guitar in bangalore

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by Shash_d, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Shash_d

Shash_d New Member

Hi all,
    I have been playing my givson for 2 years now, thinking of upgrading.
    please suggest me a guitar preferably less than 17k and in bangalore.
    I am thinking of ibanez RGR321EX EMG pickups or ibanez RG321MH. or kramer stricker custom fr424cm.
    also where and which shop in bangalore is givin the best price?? How good is it if i buy from bajaoo.com ?? i mean transportation and total price. buying it with out seeing it is a risk..

2. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Bajaao is awesome!! Your transportation cost will be less than 500 rupees if you are only buying guitar (not amps etc with it). If you see any defects or if you don't like the gear, they also have return policy...

3. Fastlicks

Fastlicks New Member

If you are thinking of buying an electric then first find out about the wood of the guitar body. Surprised ? Yes the tonal quality and sustain of the electric comes mainly from the body and then the neck. Pick-ups are only for amplifying the tone with some overtones. For all you know you might land up with a very modern and cool looking guitar with a body made of PLYWOOD. I once bought one Epiphone strat style from Germany with a plywood body.
    The low end guitars from very reputed companies are made of plywood or cheap hard wood bodies. If you want more onfo on this , write to me at Fastlicks @rediffmail.com.
    Fastlicks
    Hyderabad

4. 6stringer

6stringer New Member

I have to disagree with the comment "Bajaao is awesome" and "Pick-ups are only for amplifying the tone with some overtones. For all you know you might land up with a very modern and cool looking guitar with a body made of PLYWOOD" both of which are not encouraging for some one picking up a guitar. Bajaao is a online seller for the shops in Mumbai and stocks stuf from Bhargava, Furtado, Gurubax and Sardar flute to name a few. They claim they are professionals but they know nothing about factory settings for intonation and neck reliafe before shipping the guitar. As for the second comment - If you are buying the electric guitar pick ups are as important as the guitar body, although they cost less than the guitar it self, that classic humbucker, single coil tone is what the pro's die for and most serious guitar players change the stock pickups after the buy it to get their tone - Yest it also depends upon the body wood. But you cannot make a guitar out of plywood - a more dignified way to name is laminates or layerd tops. A neck mount will never sustain on a plywood guitar and will warp in two as ply wood is way to soft for body construction.

If you really are going out to spend thousands of bucks, get out of your chair and go to a musical instrument shop, and play the guitars you think you like, better still take a expereinced band member and ask him to guide you showing your the little things you mus look out for while buying that first guitar.

I wont tell you if kramer s better than Ibanez, but you need to know why you want EMGs over evolutions or INfinity any why you want a termolo versus a floyd rose locking tremolo.... Both guitars feel totally different when your hold them especialy around the neck and around your shoulders and ofcourse they sound completely different when played through the SAME AMP ....

Final Advice - go to a shop feel it - never order a guitar online, unless you have played it several times and are convinced you want it.

5. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Well, I mentioned my experienced with the site. I bought some analog padels and also a guitar. I found out that those were very good (atleast better than what we get in KOlkata, because they have better stocks than the shops here). The price diff. isn't that huge (it's cheaper when it comes to Kolkata, can't say bout other cities)

6. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Bajoo is great, they sell good pieces but the RG is a bit expensive on there..you can buy it easily for less that 15K in stores..

About the guitar,
    Now this is a great instrument. I used to own a givson too for 2 years and just upgraded to the RG321MH..I checked out a few guitars in the same price range (the ESPs, the squiers,the greg bennet, samick etc) and i can tell you that this is the best guitar hands-down in the price range for metal, although i found that the greg benet AV is a great buy if you are into softer styles...I havnt playes the EX but i can tell that it wil only be better, with the EMG pick up and all. Infact i am thinking about upgrading the pup on my RG...

About the Kramer, Ive heard it has really great tone but the Floyd bride is not that great..My friend bought one and it was great for a 2 years but after that the floyd was givig his some pain. Now that could be just the one piece cause ive heard good reviews about it..Then again a lot of people advice against going for floyd bridges on <30K budget.

7. ajaycj

ajaycj New Member

dude..go to jazz
    musicals in cox town, bangalore.meet a guy called patrick.