Need Help guys

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by asp, Oct 5, 2011.

1. asp

asp New Member

Have been playing for some time.. but am sadly stuck in a rut so consider myself a beginner. Am planing to buy and electric guitar and am confused between the Ibanez 170DX and Dean Vendetta XMT. I plan to get a Roland microcube also. So please need help here.

2. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

It has been said previously and i repeat that please stay away from low budget floating bridge guitars else you spend more time tuning them rather than playing... I would vote against both of them and would rather vote for the Greg Bennett AV1/AV3 depending on your budget...
    Roland micro cube is a decent amp but its not very loud.. so if you plan to jam with a drummer get a higher wattage amp...

3. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

I have a Roland Microcube and for 2W its sufficiently loud...I have actually jammed with it many times along with the drums and trust me its not too loud but can definitely be heard without any efforts over the drums...

Moreover it has got a Line Out which is super cool and lot of COSM effects which can simply be very useful for a beginner to advanced player and for practicing...

M i marketin it too much?? :p

Anyways i have a Roland Microcube for sale in excellent condition..Selling it coz i have 3 amps now and not using this baby anymore....

Listen to what Rickky suggested bout the guitars...

4. asp

asp New Member

Thanx guys...... yeah I saw the greg Bennet AV1 too. hey anyway we can lock the floating bridges??

5. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

^yes we can..

6. asp

asp New Member

Anything on the BC Rich ASM1??

7. mymusicmyguitar

Yeah we can.. i locked my strats tremelo with an Eraser :)(not recommended)..I will soon replace it with a piece of wood..

8. mymusicmyguitar

Some how i have always stayed away from BC Rich guitars...Dont know why.... :?

9. deepsal

deepsal New Member

your budget¿

10. asp

asp New Member

Deepsal .... my budgets bout 13000 - 15000/ for the guitar. i've seen the AVI but somehow the look did'nt appeal to me (though its great). Hey saw a do-it-urself for locking the floating bridge.. check out the link

Guitar: Locking a floating bridge

still continue to be as confused as I was at the start. hey how bout the GRG170dx and I lock the floating bridge with the DIY .

11. mymusicmyguitar

looks of the guitar can b deceptive. Always go 4 the sound no matter wat.

12. deepsal

deepsal New Member

^i second what he said i suggest saving up for a rgr321ex costs about 19k