Need an electric guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by wisevijay, May 15, 2005.

1. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

hey guyz......i m planning 2 buy an electric guitar.many of my friends said that it would be better if i started with a second hand one.so if anyone has got an electric guitar 4 sale do reply.
    vijay aka wisevijay :rockon:

2. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

3 Questions:

1. What kind of music do you play or are interested in?
    2. What is your budget?
    3. Are your 'friends' musicians themselves?

Thanks...

3. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

ya if u dont have too much cash a second ahnd guitar is often a good way to start...

but remeber ud probably want to be spending at least 20-25 k (on amp, guitar, and processor) to get any sort of decent gear - even second hand guitars...

less than that usually jsut buys crap.......

4. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Nice one death...and if you're a beginner...get an old ZOOM 9002 Pro (its not bad for starters) <-- if you can find it...and get one of thes eTulasi guitars that I keep hearing about....would not cost more than 14k...what say death? oh yeah...and then there's the amp....not sure what they cost in India....

5. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

Hey guyz,
    i m interested in heavy metal,rock,etc. i play songs by metallica,GnR,eagles,limp bizkit and stuff like that.My budgets around 20-25k but i got no problem spendin more 5Ks if i m gettin some real good stuff.yeah my friends r musicians themselves.
    one more thing..would it be better if i get my guitar frm USA as my dads workin there so he can get one frm da states.gettin it to india is no problem as he will be 'commin here around august.
    regards,
    vijay

6. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

in my opinion:-
    i wud advice u too buy it from USA
    u ll get variety
    u ll get quality
    and i guess tht wud be cheaper .....

7. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

8. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

Get some kind of second hand ibanez/jackson, guess they suit your music and try getting japanese versions (of ibanez).

9. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

hey guyz i just saw an offer which has a Warlock model guitar(BC RIch) with Tribal Graphics, a BCL-10 guitar amp, plus a custom gig bag and guitar strap, cable and picks. It's an awesome pack and the price is just 199$.heres the link " https://www.music123.com/BC-Rich-Metal-Master-Pack-i156542.music " what do u think.r BC rich guitars good.

10. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

^^^^ Ya, Start Eith Those Packeges........................

11. deathdr_87

@wisevijay - some spolit kid in my skool who doesnt even play guitar uses that gear - ok doesnt use - but has that starter kit - it really sux - ive seen it....

with a budget like 30k - ur set - especially from the us!

ok ivegot the following suggestions:

see this is if ur playing for fun and u dont expect to join a band anytime soon but wouldnt mind jamming with friends/ along with some songs played by cd - this is wat msot ppl do -

spend 20k on ur guitar - i.e. is almost 500 dollars - ud get a decent epiphone i think - but id suggest an ibanez simply coz of the cost/quality ratio is really favourable in that price range- try and get one without a floyd rose style locking system... ur type of music is lil varied and as such a fender would be ideal but thats a lil too expensive and u dont want a squeir.. i doubt ull find either a jap /usa fender in 500 dollars... if u do - and its got a humbucker in the brdige position - go for it.... its the best deal ull get...

uve got 10k left - if u can get an amp from the usa - thers nothing like it - but its generally hard and not recommened to get an amp from abroad...

u can buy a decent processor(korg or digitehc rp series) for 5k in the us and get a small prac amp (preferably a marshall or a roland) either in the us or in india - try and spend 6k on ur amp if u can...if thers too much of a problem with getting the amp - get either a marshallm series or a (oh god - u might hate me if u do this) get a stranger amp -ull get a nice 40w cube (???nice??? oh god im losing my mind - its a piece of crap)!!!

now its totally another question is ur planning to play on stage and all... ud need a better amp and a more stage friednly processor - for that id suggst u save up some more before u buy..... individual effects pedals are jsut too expensive to even think of in a budget of 30k....

even though lots of ppl might suggest starter apcks - id suggest you avoid them for a very simple and good reason - theyre crap - absolute bullsh*t - ud ahte urself for buying 99% of all starter kits... there are some good deals - ut theyre really rare....

ok i think thats exhaustive....

12. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

hey deathdr thanx man...i was on the verge of buying this stuff or **** as u call it.i would like to get in a band as i get my results and get into a collage.which kinda guitar do u use.....ibanez i guess shuld be good 4 me...then 2 i would like to wait and ask some more people.caus i wanted 2 start off with a used one then as i come 2 konw my style of play & handling i would go 4 a new one.ANYONE WHO WANTS TO SELL HIS/HER ELECTRIC GUITAR.PLS DO LET ME KNOW

13. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

I guess then you have not read my post of an Epiphone Les Paul Custom for sale....let me know if you are interested. PM me if you are.

14. deathdr_87

if ur playing with guys form colelge take my suggestions for jamming about... but the guitar worth 20k, and spend the rest on a decent amp and processor - its more than enough - by sage i mean ud be plaiyng with some pop band on tour or seomthing (usually rock/jazz and blues musicains are quite expericend - hence i was assuming ud not be aprt of 1 of those if ur jsut starting)

15. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

did you buy something yet?

16. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

nope dude,still not satisfied with or decided upon which guitar should i buy... its because my budget can go up if i m buyin frm USA cause my dad wont mind payin 4 a guitar but in india my mom would surely mind.and if its in usa my dads not commin here be4 end of august.thats too long.still have 2 decide upon something man..

17. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

Please some get that Epi LP Custom, they are great guitars for the price!

18. deathdr_87

how much higher will ur budget get?

based on that ppl here can give u some really good recommnedations....

19. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

hey dude...the bar 4 my budget will be set by my father...then too i guess 250-300$ would be da maximum.

20. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

hey i just found a configuration which i guess should be real good on an indian website.here it is

Guitar-Aria MAC-30
    price Rs.11000.00
    discription-
    Body: Alder
    - Neck: Maple, Bolt on, heel less joint
    - Pickups: OH-1X Humbacking x2
    - Controls: Master Volume x1, Tone x1, PU-selector switch, coil tap switchx1
    - Fingerboard: Rosewood
    - Tailpiece: VFT-1 termolo
    - Scale: 648mm (25-1/2")
    - Frets: 24F
    - Hardware: Black

link- https://www.bharatmusichouse.com/pr_detail.asp?Maincatid=A&ProdID=41

Amp-Stranger CUBE 20

price-Rs 2750.00

Discription-The most compact light weight amplifier with 8 inch sual cone speaker to satisfy beginners to professionals. Single channel input with head phone facility for practice.

link- https://www.bharatmusichouse.com/pr_detail.asp?Maincatid=A&ProdID=262

Effects processor-DigiTech RP 50

Price-Rs.4800.00

Discription-Meet the incredibly feature-packed RP50. Our engineers built the RP50 with the great tone and effects you expect from DigiTech®, including award-winning amp, cabinet and pick-up modeling and an arsenal of studio-quality effects. They didn't skimp on the processing either. The RP50 uses our AudioDNA™ DSP chip to ensure that both modeling and effects are world-class. Plus 24-bit A/D/A conversion so that no frequency response is lost between inputs and outputs.

And when we weren't looking, our engineers even snuck in a drum machine with 30 patterns and an easy-to-use 13-LED array tuner. Then we made sure that the RP50's user interface was so simple a drummer could operate it (well most drummers, anyway).

link- https://www.bharatmusichouse.com/pr_detail.asp?Maincatid=A&ProdID=105

all this comes 2 upto Rs.18550..+shipping.i guess that should be a good deal.what do u think abt da amp and guitar.