need advice on setup...

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by DrSaurabh, Dec 9, 2005.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

With this kinda suggestion. What will happen to guys who go by your advice. :annoyed: . Are you suggesting for Total Destruction. Yep Chintan has it but I dont think he would make that choice today.

2. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Look dudes.. We have a good range of cool drinks.. We cant ask for something which is not there right..

Read the Message.. I said TRY the amp didnt say BUY the amp.. Chintan has give a bad review he will consider that black mark.. Whats wrong in trying.,

These are the only things available among which he has to choose.. Thats all..

3. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

ok....as of now am goin with ronnies advice.............am goin for ecman tube amps ( thats the one ninad told me about ) getting a decent deal on a 40 W combo with 2X12"
    dropped the idea for gnx3 as good as it may sound.........i dont need those zillion FX
    i just want a basic drum machine wahs delay and OD...and USB connectivity...........and am getting in zoom G2.1u and it has a expression pedal and optional foot switch.....
    and a drum machine and a chromatic tuner....
    plus i have read a coupl of good reviews about the G2.1u and it is good for the stuff i play..mainly blues and classic rock...and has good amp modelling ( according to one review better than the pod xt)
    anywho its a steal at the price the online price is $170 which come s to around 8K and at that price its a steal...
    and it has USB connectivity and u can record stuff too
    What say ppl???

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

low end Zooms are usually trebly and grainy (no idea about high end ones).
    G2 looks good (according to the tech mumbo-jumbo on its webpage).

Best bet: play and decide.

5. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

@ doc: have you played thru it? Please do so.. You are not into metal rgiht? Just think again..

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hey hindiRox, what will be the best bet for a Metal playing d00d with processor.?
    (anything except Boss GT6/8) :p

7. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Zoom GFX 5 or G21.u

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

ok so GFX5 is good enuff then.
    i guess better than the Digitechs in the same price range?

Hey Chintan has Zoom GFX8?

9. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

yup i have that. what do you wanna know??

10. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

all the reviews recomend g2.1u for classic rock.....hardly anyone for meatal :think:

11. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

G2.1u is not a bad choice at all for the price but if you're thinking of a professional floorboard then you might as well go for the G7 which is 300$ or max 14k in rs.

But if you're thinking of just practising and using for small gigs only then go for the G2

12. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

is korg ax1500g good for a dOOd who plays hard rock and metal mainly?????:eek::

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

korg ax1500g is perfect for a d00d who plays hard rock - the amp sims there are nice.

for metal u need gainy ones - there is one called Metal in the korg - it sounds too thin (useless n lifeless)

and US HiGain (wow - this one is good)
    Brit Stack is also there - but the gain is slightly less - good for 80s metal though

so in theory U can play metal too, but I dunno how it would sound thru large speakers.

14. ronnieanand

The US Hi Gain is good. My favourite is the Seatle one. It has a smooth distortion. Clean Effects are okay. Well laid pedal board. Very limiting expression pedal with a very tiny range. I heard that there are mods for this. Over all it sucks :) but kinda okay. But for the same money, you can get a GT6 these days.

15. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Seatle - damn! it was not there in ax100

and didnt ya hate the Boss series?

16. ronnieanand

I am the most grossly misunderstood guy on earth. Every now and then people form different opinions about what I didn't say. I didn't say that I hate Boss series. They are just over rated and over priced. For that money it's piece of shit. For 15K GT6 is a good buy.

17. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

K
    I am the most grossly misunderstood guy on earth. I meant hate as in a soft smooth overdrive way, not like hard clipped distortion :p

So GT6 now available for 15K, then isnt it better than gettting a Zoom GFX8?

18. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

HAHAHA JAyanth nice try!!! Anyways for 15k the GT6 is a really good buy i.e if you do not play metal!!! :p:

19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

C'mon! GT-6 has some real nice amp sim models. (for metal too)
    GT-8 anyway makes a clean sweep though.

20. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

im thinkin of gettin it in 5-8k:think:

watt bout its wah????