Need Advice from Gurus!

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by ckhurana, Feb 22, 2006.

1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

4 pieces?
    :think:

Is it really as goood as Takamine? I remmeber it to be more pricey than others in the shop.

2. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

It is more pricier than GB&a or J&D but you know whom to contact if you want it at a mind blowing deal ;) . Lets say almost at the price of a Givson ;) but something that sounds like a Takamine... I might get one for me too...

3. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Ronnie get me that deal:nw::nw::please:..I will buy one in a heartbeat...
    GAS:eek::

4. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

wait wait wait ..

does that mean you are gonna flame or not ??????????
    i still dont get your so called "noobish "post as you call it

AND YES..I AM INDEED AN EXPERT LIKE YOU SAY ..BUT IN IGT EVERYBODY SEEMS LIKE EXPERTS .

SO much for you being a noob .!!!!OH WELL...if felt good while it lasted
    there are probably more guitar brands in your post than in a guitar shop catalogue....

5. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

^^^ Lolz...
    @ Ronnie = Hahaha... (hope you get what I intend to laught at)

Accha, and to all others, you can check out the Pluto at www.bajaao.com too. Im pretty surprsied. Wasn't expecting such a good review about it. Anyways, hey, GB&As are definitely better than Givson.

And, hey, do check out Granada's too... They've got a lovely warm sound...

6. ronnieanand

Play the Pluto and you wont see a Granada or GB&a again.. I even stopped checking GB&a, J&D, Granada Guitars.

@Alpha, Satch. Okay I didn't buy the Pluto Guitars for me. I got them for my friends. They wanted a decent Acoustic Guitar to begin to learn guitar. So I bought it for them. I get good deals, so people go through me. I dont buy for myself from here but give these shops a lot of business, so I get a little VIP treatment and nice discounts plus free Dunlop picks and amazing deals for any small purchase I make for myself. I once got a deal for the Takamine EG240 for a price that was only Rs.500 more than the actual US price. He had reduced Rs.7000 from his sale price without even me asking for it. I didn't pick it anyway.

@Nebu.. Contact me over the phone and we will go and get the thing. I am sure you will like the guitar and also the discount. ;)

7. ronnieanand

No clues as why this Hahaha was for... Plz explain. I am dumb :dance: and understand only direct communication :)

8. ronnieanand

That's why I prefer to keep quite when experts like you are around. After all I am only a noob and still face major problems of holding the pick properly..

9. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

:nw::nw:
    Sure thing...maybe this weekend itself...The Bajaao price is 2.5k..and with your discounts..it should be a throaway price:grin:..my US purchases are jinxed once more..so have to get something to relieve the GAS;)

10. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

ok Ron..I will keep quiet .

man.i may be deviatin from the topic but ..since you know so many shops ...can you get me a jackson J30 for a good price ..??? actually i dont mind any guitar .and any brand(even if its custom) ..all it should have is a floyd rose and a thin neck ... and cant spend more than 10k.. and i know you cant get a J30 for a that price (315$) ..but i just want a guitar wit a floyd and a thin neck..if you can get the JS30 for a good price ,maybe i can stretch my budget a little .

11. ronnieanand

I dont know many shops....I dont know have any clues about the Chennai guitar stores too except Tulsi Musicals. In Bangalore, if you can find your choice of guitar in Rhythm Musicals or Reynolds, let me know, I will come over and get you a good deal. With that budget of 10K, and for all your requirements, better get yourself a Tulasi made guitar. It should cost you about Rs.12,000. The guitar is pretty decent too. Maybe tell him I suggested you to him and he might cut your price a bit. He doesn't give much discounts but his price is very reasonable. Honestly you wouldn't want to bargain his price considering the amount of work that goes inside in making the guitar.

12. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

what about the BAjaoo S series guitar for 8k ..have you seen it anywhere ..like do any of your friends have it.cuz that guitar looks dam sweet for the price but im worried about the finish and build quality of the guitar.

13. ronnieanand

Feature wise it's very impressive for 8K but as you mentioned in another thread, it could be the picture of an Ibanez. At least you should see the guitar picture properly before placing an online order.

I knew about this guitar only y'day when somebody posted the link, so I dont know anybody using this guitar nor I have any reviews about this. If it's going to be your primary guitar, wait for reviews from other buyers / users. If it's some practise or secondary guitar, you can go ahead and take a try.

14. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

actually i wanna mainly start some lead playin ..for that i need the floyd or atleast i feel that it will help me initially ...rite now i have a good guitar for rhytm /soloin but i find it tough to play sittin ..so i cant practice for playin lead ..so if this bajaao thing is good ..it would become my main guitar..but am very happy with my B.c rich V ..now if I could only put a floyd into tht !!!!

and yours truly only posted the link !!!..

15. ronnieanand

You dont need a Floyd Rose to play lead. You can do some dive bombs and some antics and tricks with it, otherwise why do you need a floyd rose to play lead. I do play a bit of Lead and prefer a Fixed bridge like tune o matic instead of a floating bridge.

If you are happy with your BC Rich, then stand and play the solos. Sitting with a V shaped guitar is a big pain.

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

LOL
    Its not.

Atleast not with my RRFV. My only problem now is that I have to hold the guitar in classical stance, that doesnt easily allow me to use my thumb for fretting.

Since I have to keep the Guitar balanced on its wings + te classical stance, I also have to keep my back straight, and cannot slouch. :annoyed:
    I love slouching.

In fact now I can keep it on the lap also, the lower wing has to rest on high friction surface like bed sheet etc.

Ofcourse I cannot keep it on the lap and sit on a chair like a conventianal shaped guitar.
    :p:

And ofcourse:

Usage of Floyd Rose tremolo is for people who need help in the solos they play ....!!! maybe that sounds dumb but

just look at some of the greatest solos made and you will notice that very few of them have used Floyd Rose tremolo in it ..its just the plain distorted sound or the classic clean sound that all the great musicians use in there solos. .and by great musicians i mean really all the blues players like b.b king for example ....wat about buckethead !!! one of the greatest guitarist's in the world.

17. ronnieanand

True in a way. Jake E Lee :nw: once said "When your brain stops thinking musically, you start using the tremelo bar." Even I believe the same. In case you have no clues as what to play on your guitar, just fret a random note and keep shaking the tremelo agressively and voila you have a nice solo. Who cares about the damn scale or modes. As long as I have a good tremelo, I can agressively shake it and make a solo. I dont even need a locking tremelo for it. If I shake the tremelo aggressively and the tuning goes kappoot it's all the more better. I will be known to play solos with wierd sounds and tremelo pyrotechnics.

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

:RollLol:
    C'mon you are being too harsh on Steve Vai.

He is a maestro.

But cant help :RollLol:ing

19. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

One man that can create as much pyrotecnics on the fretboard without reaching for the tremolo bar(he does't even have one) is Paul Gilbert. Just love his playing. Really amusing songs.

20. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Paul Gilbert :nw:
    John Petrucci :nw:
    Steve Morse :nw:
    Yngwie Malmsteen :nw: