### Need a help guys

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sanketdhoke, Jul 5, 2010.

1. sanketdhoke

sanketdhoke New Member

Hi all guitarists

I own Pluto HW-41 201 acoustic without pickup. I play bollywood music and some soft pop songs. How can i connect my guitar 2 my computer for recording? Is there any provision to attach pickup internally/externally to my guitar without taking risk? I live at Mumbai. Tell me the music shops who can help me out.

thanx in advance !!!

Attached Files:

2. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

Get two Shure SM 57s.

Get a USB 2.0/Firewire computer interface.

Record.

More help here - https://tweakheadz.com/audio_interfaces_1.htm

UltraEdit - Between step 2 and 3, add 'select and master a DAW'. Again, see that site's other sections.

3. flood

flood New Member

TWO SM57s for an acoustic? bad suggestion.

while the SM57 can be used in a squeeze, i'd say get a decent condensor and maybe an SM58 for the soundhole. the SM57 has a somewhat limited high end, you'd lose a lot of detail and it would be pretty dead with respect to ambience. getting a bit of the room in on an acoustic guitar recording is always good. an SM57 is a pretty bad choice for an acoustic IMO.

a good condensor is a lot more expensive that a pluto, i might add. i got a great deal on my rode NT-1A. Rs. 8500 used. lifetime investment, but not cheap. you have been warned.

4. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

There are clip on pickups available for acoustic guitars. There are the low end ones which will give you just about useable sound and there are higher end piezo pickups which will give you better sound but are also more expensive.

You could also use a mic to record but if you are make sure you plug into the mic port and not the line-in.

5. flood

flood New Member

i think the cheapest and most convenient way is using a piezo pickup under the bridge, simple FET piezo preamp and an interface. microphones do sound better but only if you know how to set them up. not so easy and probe to ambient noise.

6. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Get a clip on pick-up.