n00 GUITAR! Custom RR Flying Vee

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by alpha1, Jan 31, 2006.

1. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

congrats alpha1. The guitar looks cool but it looks kinda odd with the black whammy bar sticking out.

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Cryptic: :annoyed:

Lefty: He can ship to any place in India. Left hand tremolo bhi most prob he can provide.

Doc: Jazz n JBs?

All: NO problemo with Clips. El Problemo arises due to my microphone. It selectively filters out bass and low mids.
    And that is where the humbucker is actually different from single coils.

But anyway I will post.
    Wonder how many would check it out.

3. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

I think me meant the pickups....the real one has SD Jazz and JBs on it

4. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Finding a left handed tremolo is a horrible, horrible ordeal. I have suffered in trying to find one.One of the few hopes you have is the Ibanez trmolos...they are built with holes drilled on both sides..you need to drill out one. Theres a tutorial on Project Guitar somewhere.
    @alpha1-The original RR came with Seymour Duncan Jazz and JB pickups installed.
    BTW are the pickups on yours active?

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

No active pickups.
    Why? do they look so?

I was planning to upgrade to EMGs after a while.
    They seem to be the hottest.

6. abhijitnath

Yeah it looked like the EMG type 'no-exposed-pole-pieces' thing..although even Bartolini passives look like that.
    Also is the tremolo full floating..as in does it go up in pitch as well as down? If so how much?

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

:cry1:
    The guitar is still with Ronnie.

He can best tell you
    :cry2:

But I feel since he has fit a regular Strat Tremolo. The Bridge wont be floating. So I guess the pitch can be only lowered.

8. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Super cool guitar man..:beer::beer:
    Tulasi zindabaad!!:)
    BTW..did ya borrow my fundaes and get a bolt-in neck joint??;)

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Yeah I did ask him for Bolt-in neck.

But Ronnie says he has doen Bolt-on.
    :(

10. abhijitnath

Regular Strat tremolos can also float. You just need to rout out some wood from under the bridge and it will go up as well. Listen to Jeff Beck , blues fan:)
    Why do I get the impression Ronnie is enjoying withholding the guitar from you? What a sadist;)

11. abhijitnath

@Nebu...even yours is strictly not a bolt-in job I think since the metal plate and screws are still visible from the outside. They aren't visible on a real PRS

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

LOL
    Abhi, he cant help it too.

Anyway am going to him this weekend to colllect it.

13. shak

shak Harrr!

no locking trem? you should have opted for that .. but overall .. really nice guitar! i am not a fan of v's but jackson randy rhodes model has always been my favourite.. .. congrats alpha

14. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Poor me :shock: . What blames on an innocent victim....

15. metal=heaven

metal=heaven New Member

hey alpha1..congrats doooood!!!awesum luking guitar man!!!***y luks!!!!
    @ronnie..i bet u'r having a GOOD time wid the guitar man!!lol...poor alpha1..i pity u!!

16. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

That is one ***Y guitar, how much did it cost for you to have it done bro?

17. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Dude..a real PRS need not always be bolt-in..most of them are set-neck...
    And the plate is visible in all bolt-ins..
    As you see there is absolutely no flange sticking out of the back of the neck..so where does the neck heel go?..right into the body below the neck pikup..thats what bolt-in is all about... a LP or strat has that extra flange for sticking or bolting the neck...no contact with the neck pu..

Attached Files:

• 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      55.3 KB
      Views:
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      149.9 KB
      Views:
  18. abhijitnath

I stand corrected.
    Although I did know that most PRSes are set neck.
    Incidentally, would there be space to build a bolt-in on a RR? Wouldn't the very thin width near the neck make the area very weak structurally if one sunk bolts in there? Or is it as weak more or less as the standard bolt-on arrangement?

19. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Technically..I think its kinda imposs to have a bolt-in RR..the whole concept comes from the fact that a PRS style guitar has absolutely no flange sticking from the body..result: a significant part of the neck heel is inside the body and under the neck pu
    There is also a deep-set neck tenon joint where the neck extends right uptil the bridge saddles..both pickups and bridge are mounted onto the neck..BUT..unlike a neck thru u arent splitting the main body into 2 wings..requires specially routed body and top..so this is done only by custom hand built manufactures like McNaught..

20. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

alpha...amazing guitar...dude....
    nice paint job...and finish looks top class. The headstock is a ditto copy of jackson , amazing work by Tulsi. Never expected that they were this good .
    I may think of getting one.

and yeah btw....When the hell are you coming to Delhi ???
    you'll get your EMG's from here :p: