My new Les Paul

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by rammy, Mar 23, 2006.

1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I never agreed to whatever you said.

I just said I own one.
    And I very well know what kind of ppl buy "Bullets"
    And also Why they buy "bullets". In all possibility, better than you.

Now lets stop all this crap argument.

2. rammy

rammy Guitar=Dope ; Me=Addict

sure no prbs but i said the above not for the bullet but for gibson vs. epiphone.....but yeah, lets stop this...

3. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Can you describe this difference as best as words could?

Edit: I'm quite tickled by some of the posts in this thread, and I agree with alpha in that tone "IS" a subjective thing-not to mention, a big chunk of which is provided by the amp you use. Lp's are fat, that much I do know (at least compared to strat-(likes)), I've spent months playing Lp's/SGs/strats through a marshall jcm 900 stack(store owner became a buddy) and I must say I loved each for a unique reason. each has its own character. But apart from being a great guitar and the fact that so and so idol of mine endorses it, A Gibson Les Paul is NOT the most comfortable guitar to play. So yeah whether we like to admit it or not, much of our attraction to it is the legend that has grown around that guitar (and/or the people who use it.)

That said, A custom Epiphone is usually solid 1 piece mahogany/maple as opposed to regular Epis which are laminated mahogany/alder. Considering I've played two unique sounding US made LP standards within 20 mins of each other, I don't think rammy needs to worry about his guitar. I'm sure it'll be as good if not better(again subjective) than a low end Gibson LP at least.

My point if any is that we "are" suckers for branding, choosing to follow the herd rather than listening to and for ourselves.

Congrats rammy, Its a beautiful "looking" guitar, Now do yourself a favour and get yourself an even better amp. I've played these micros( had one) too, and I can tell you It will do NO real justice to the rest of your gear.

4. rammy

rammy Guitar=Dope ; Me=Addict

^^ thanks man...wanted to buy a better amp but the moolah kept me from it...but well its enough for me right now coz me only for practice and not for gigging...maybe i'll go for a half stack next year...