!!! My New Les Paul Standard !!!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by DrSaurabh, Dec 28, 2005.

1. faiqrock

faiqrock XaiQ

bleeding bro/... no diff ...i said ur guitar rocks but ur guitar model name is
    Les Paul Classic Plus
    STD n Classic plus are same ...the diff is jus the Pickups..
    dun angry yar.:(
    bleeding u got Les Paul Classic
    and DR Sub got Les Paul Classic Plus

2. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

some ppl have all the luck .................................................

wen am I going to get mine .??? :annoyed:

neway.....congrats Dr Saab......................... :beer:

3. Bleeding Guitar

Bleeding Guitar New Member

heh am not angry man, jusy looking for ma self lolz
    apurbajd : i worked hard for every guitar i buy man it takes dayz and nights of work :(
    u'll get one too bro Good luck

4. Aka Oz

Aka Oz /\K/\ - Ozy

bleedin good guitar yaaaaaaaar

5. rams+ein

rams+ein New Member

Cool one......no other colors were available?

6. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

yeah ... i hope.......

thnx for the wish.........

7. shak

shak Harrr!

bleeding nice guitar ...

8. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

i want a Les Paul too :(( :eek:: :eek::

[UOTE=nebuchadnezzar]Typically such pairs are wound differently..the bridge is slightly higher in output and has some EQ tweaked too...anyways even if you put the the same pu in the neck and bridge it will obviously sound different by the virtue of its position alone..
    If you are not using a split-coils-from-each-pickup kinda setting then I guess even a super hot and a vintage output pickup combo should work..[/QUOTE]

True .but wouldnt it been advisible that he put different pickups to get a totally different sound . The placement of the pickups I think just makes the neck pickup muddier i think .

9. gnr311982

gnr311982 New Member

Hey for how much did u buy?
    from where?
    which site?

Thanks

10. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

@ DOC :Sorry bro.. Nice guitar...

11. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

But why did you get Epiphone.. I thought you wanted Gibson.. Epi is like Tansen to Jackson...

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

How about a Squire to a Fender?

13. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Squier is atleast better than Epiphone..
    @Doc : If you really wanted to buy epi, you could have done it in India itself..

14. BIG_EVIL

BIG_EVIL Guitaring Machine

i also have an epiphone LP standard..but its black in colour
    this guitar really rox!

15. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

Epis Do Not fall in the same category as squier...not even close..squiers are like a zillion miles below epis....Epi LPs arent available in india.....they stopped supplying here...that is the info i got from furtados..any LPs u see here are at least an year old...
    Ask anybody who has played an epi and a gib...they sound equally good with the gibs being only marginally better.....chek any reviews of the Epi LP online....ask Black mamba...he has owned both.......
    @Faiq...read my first post....mine is an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus ..i got the pick ups changed to Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pros...i wanted em to be "hot" ......they are as it is moderate output pickups, no sense in giving em covers...
    @Alfons..yes....the setup of both the Pups..is diff....it is exactly like the setup alpha1 metpned...with the neck pick up being nice and low.....and the bridge pickup really close and inclined....which results in the tones being drastically differnt..the guy who set it up did an amazing job

16. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

BTW...the difference between classic and standard is that classic comes with hot pickups and standard comes with chrome covers...

17. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

:nw:

:nw:

u lucky bastard......:mad:

im jealous...

get the babe in the nxt meet :p:

18. vini

vini Repeat Offender

wow...looks cool!

congrats daaktur *sigh*

19. Bleeding Guitar

Bleeding Guitar New Member

i have 3 Gibsons :( am sorry to say they suck dust
    Epi covers them all, well here in canada gibsons ar not in demand cuz metals know whats good :)

20. faiqrock

faiqrock XaiQ

oh DR...sorry thn yar...but ur Guitar is rocking...CONGRAG