My into to bros... or shud I say Pros

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by LotharKumar, Jan 21, 2007.

1. LotharKumar

LotharKumar New Member

Hello,

I posted this msg in Hindi guitar tabs forum. Got 1 reply saying post it in the beginner forum :eek:: I would think answer to these Q's should come from experienced players, not beginners. It never hurts to try...so, here is the msg in the introduce yourself section...

I am a newbie to guitar playing. I need to know that ....

1). ... wherever there are tabs posted on this site, how can one get information such as number beats that is to be played in?

2). ... how does one look at the tabs and understand when to skip a beat and not strum etc.?

An example would help:help:.

Also, I started the other msg with question mark. I guess no one likes Q's. So, this one is a thumbs up

Thanks

2. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

^^Better listen to the song and try to play along,,, u will get all the timing and breaks...
    I listen to a song at least 100 times before i start playing it...
    Also keep a meteronome for ya guidance

3. loyal

loyal New Member

Tabs do not contain any time signature unlike sheet music. You have to go by ear, listen to the record several times and u will develop a ear for it ( natural rhytmn ) as pointed out already a metronome will help you in maintaining the timing of your strums. Their is a good thread on art of strumming in IGT refer it.

4. LotharKumar

LotharKumar New Member

Thanks folks. The thot did come to my mind and I tried it on the Adnan Sami Dil Kya Kare song from Salaam-E-Ishq.

This time, I will listen to it and try.