My HANDMADE guitar!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by umangu, Jul 4, 2007.

1. umangu

umangu New Member

The pictures speak for themselves. I doubt you've ever seens a guitar like this, or will ever see another one. One of a kind, completely customised.

Do tell me what you think.

for DETAILS see - https://users.tpg.com.au/umangu

[youtube]GKNUTroxRXU[/youtube]

Attached Files:

2. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

You should shed more light on the fretting part of the job.

3. umangu

umangu New Member

Thanks for your feedback man. I'll definitely write a little more on fretting. In hindsight, it's harder and more important than I made it sound!

4. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

yeap. most importantly the fret leveling.

5. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

good work...but i have to admit, thats the ugliest looking guitar ive ever seen. no offence meant ofcourse :p:

6. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Thats really really cool man. Good job...Love the shape...pure Billy Gibbons

7. umangu

umangu New Member

Haha! I can understand your POV. The shape takes getting used to, but if you see it up close it's really something else. The colours are far deeper than most guitars. It's nice and minimalistic, cool on a completely new level. I find it better looking than my Les paul to be honest!

Anyway, you might find my latest guitar more to your taste. Just for the record, I think the Strat is one of the ugliest guitars. It actually looks better upside down, so that's how I made it! Gave it a lefty Tele neck too boot.

Sridhar, you're right. Billy Gibbons used this guitar but Bo Diddley made it famous.

DO SEE MY WEBSITE!! More pix and details there...

Attached Files:

8. gulabjamun2

gulabjamun2 New Member

Tirangi... nice !

Your 'Tirangi' looks very coool. I watched your clip on youtube and the guitar sounds great.

By the way, I bought a strat a couple of weeks ago and being a new owner and all would disagree with your view. :aggre: I think it is gorgeous :rule:

Your upside down strat doesn't look too bad either. ;)

Cheers!
    :beer:

9. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

its good that u live in australia..otherwise id have hunted u down and killed you! :p:

10. umangu

umangu New Member

You can still try that in Nov when I'm coming to India! Which city do you live in? I'm from Delhi...

11. gulabjamun2

gulabjamun2 New Member

Strat lovers unite :)

hey I am visiting India in November too.

Maybe raj.h and I can get together to use a little persuasion :)aggre: ) to educate you on the aesthetic value of the Strats :rock:

Cheers!
    :beer:

12. zing

zing Machine Head

woohoo!!! lovely work..... i like

13. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

i live in delhi! nice! now you die! Motha#*(&(# :p:

14. umangu

umangu New Member

Don't know if you can do that man! I'm a real Gisbon/Gretsch fan with the carved and figured maple tops, the cream binding, angled back neck and headstock, traditional shape and pearl inlay.

Strats can't top that in my book! Although the skunk stripe is pretty interesting.

ALSO - I can never figure out where to put my picking hand when playing a Strat. My fingers always seem to turn the volume down. maybe you Strat guys can help me out with that.

Raj seems a little hostile though! Hey, where did you get that Strat and how much did it cost? What's the deal with the Buddy Holly signature?

15. umangu

umangu New Member

What school? I'm from Vasant Valley...

16. apray

apray New Member

Hey... it's a lovely guitar... nice finish! And very patriotic too :)

17. faiqrock

faiqrock XaiQ

Nice work ..
    Keep it up..

18. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Neat job.. Ilike it.. I am bo Didly fan by the way.. what pickups did u use?

19. umangu

umangu New Member

TV Jones Filtertron humbuckers, very similar to stock Filtertrons on most Gretsch guitars.

20. umangu

umangu New Member

Another video! This is me with my friends, performing at the Independence Day celebrations, at Perth Concert Hall.

My largest gig to date, 2000 people!!

[youtube]lD0uXB9Gxtw[/youtube]