My gear

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by d_ist_urb_ed, Feb 22, 2006.

1. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

It might not be much, but i felt like showing it off. So i got my digital camera and hastily snapped a few pictures. Attaching.

Attached Files:

2. d_ist_urb_ed

My Ibanez now.

Attached Files:

3. d_ist_urb_ed

Processor and amp

Attached Files:

4. debankan

debankan The bassist from hell

Excellent gears man!. I love the shape of the guitar. What processor do you use?

5. d_ist_urb_ed

^lol, Reaaaaally old second hand Korg AX1G, bought it off a guy on IGT, i dont regret it, but it doesnt do a great deal.

6. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

370 Dx

I got my RG 370DX in January this year. I noticed a difference, the fret board on mine is very dark compared to yours. My guitar is also black, so the difference really shows here. Tell me, does the fretboard colour get lighter with use or is it a difference from the factory?

7. d_ist_urb_ed

I think i can blame the flash of the camera for that. My fretboard is dark too, so i guess it's the same for all of them.

8. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

No my friend, really your fretboard colour is lighter. I can say that because I clicked a few pics to post it on here (which I did not because horrible fingerprints and stuff showed up because of the flash). So comparing picture to picture, I can tell you yours looks lighter coloured, more brownish. Anywya, I like lighter coloured fretboards, so I am hoping after use it will also lighten up a bit.

9. d_ist_urb_ed

^Ah, i sincerely wish i could remember how the fretboard was when i first bought it. lol, i was too excited to observe the more intricate details, but in any case, i'm guessing that wont be the case. Maybe it was just an oddball from the factory, why dont you like dark fretboards?

10. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

Thats one question I have never been able to answer myself. I am a sucker for maple fretboards, please don't ask why, cos I don't know. If I got an Ibanez in maple fretboard, I would have bought it.

When I bought my first decent guitar, which is a Squier standard stratocaster, I had an option of going for the affinity series with rosewood fretboard or the standard series with maple fretboards. I paid 90 Pound Sterling extra for the maple fretboard. Of course later I understood the guitar as a whole was better than the affinity series, better pickups, neck, tremelo, tuners, everything. But just imagine, at that time I did not know about the package, so I paid GBP 90 more only for the maple fretboard. Heart rules over head here, lol.

11. d_ist_urb_ed

^Well, i can relate to that completely bro. Parker makes some of the best guitars ever, yet, i have never been able to bring myself to even the thought that i'd buy one of them, just because of their shape.....dreadful in my opinion. But i daresay you'll get used to the dark fretboard, i mean, who has time to admire the color of their fretboard while playing a fast run? :grin:

12. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

He he..thats really quite funny..(about the maple preference).
    I think rosewood doesn't come in just one colour..it can range from almost maple-y (I've seen a Thorn with white rosewood!) to almost ebony black.

13. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

I love maple fretboards too but i'm not willing to pay more just for the maple. I'd love to have am EVH frankenstein cause it looks so cool.

14. larsan

larsan K-Dash

Really Kool man......i also have Rg 370 Dx.........but the one which Gohar use....year i dun kno x-actly.....but for eazy info i use the one whoch Gohar from Jal also use:)

15. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

WiCkED MACHINES!!!!!!!!!!!

16. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

Dude you have nice stickers on your guitars!!! Where did you get it done. How much for both??

17. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

coool gitar.wish i had a Standard Les Pual.but i'm happy with my Squier strat.

18. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

which of these is the one u bought off ebay:)

19. d_ist_urb_ed

@all, thank you :grin:
    @chintan, well, on the 370DX the goth skull, i just bought a local pep boy's store :p: I was in there for a state inspection, i saw this sticker, bought it and stuck it on my guitar. The second one is a paint job, it says, "Heavy metal" in chinese of all languages for chrissake. Wonder why the person had that bright idea, but it plays like a monster, LOVELY harmonics.