My first performance tonight as a band

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by abhay_saxena, Sep 5, 2004.

1. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

hey all here. ..
    you might have noticed me not posting for quite some days now. ..if you might have. ..
    it because. .tonight is going to be my first performance as a band and first ever on a stage for myself.
    i thought it to be my moral duty to let all here know .
    I will like to thank jay for those invaluable tips i'll remember while playing. ..
    and neo for this beautiful site, zooom for keeping it up. ..essi. .
    and all here bob prash for helping me out in any way , i'll surely remmber you while playing. .
    we'll be playin for whom the bell tolls , fade to black, 2 self compositions titled "black of night" and "died in ur arms". .

don't know how it would go.. but it shoulg go fine. ..
    will tell you tomorrow how did it go. ..

2. gud luk 4 yer show

3. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

i had my first performance yesterday.....
    was ok.....it was just gonna be on guitars.....the sad thing was....the vocals....cudnt be heard..becoz of the sad mic...but everybody said that we should ve just kept the guitars...there were two of uis

4. tejas

tejas ..........

All the best abhay. Im sure you'll do well. I myself had my first performance 3 days ago. It was an instrumental competetion in our college. I played a medly of metal songs and guess what? I won the competetion. It was a great experiance playing to all those people on stage. Hope i get another chance soon.

5. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

gud luk abhay.
    n today makes it exactly 1 yr from my first performance on stage with my band!

6. MARS

MARS Mars Ji...Finally!!!!!

Congrats Tejas for winning the competition...keeep it up dude...

and All the best to Abhay for his first ever stage performance..u will definitely perform well..

As far as i m concerned...i m miles away from that....

7. tejas

tejas ..........

Thank you mars. But why are you miles away from it?

8. MARS

MARS Mars Ji...Finally!!!!!

I m still very much in the learning stages...

started quite late...

9. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Good luck, let us know...how it went.

10. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

good luck, abhay... i remember my first performance two yrs ago on september 5 for teacher's day... we played bryan adam's summer of 69 and its my life.

@ tejas, congrats man... a medley of metal? that must have taken a lot of thinking to it... a wrong combination or poor judgement could ruin the whole mood.

11. Natasia

Natasia ...

@tejas,.... me knew u werent an amateur the moment i heard u play on our igt online party...keep rocking gurl.... :nw: :nw:
    @abhay...... how did it go dude.... me's sure u wud have rocked the place....... :beer: :beer: :beer:

as far as me's concerned me just has waaaayyyy too much going on in life abhi to start a band ,take part in competitions or for tht matter even give a performance(whc i doubt anyways coz me sucks.......):( :( ...but me's reallyyyyyyyy happpyyy for u ppl..... keep rocking dudes/ dudettes ......:rock: :rock:

12. tejas

tejas ..........

@essi, thanks and idea for the medley was given to me by Jayanth. After that i sat down and decided what songs to put in, thankfully they gelled well.

@Nats, why are calling me a "gurl"? Im a guy. Or did i get your post wrong??

13. prash_rocks

prash_rocks Over the Hills & Far Away

all the best to abhay! u'll do well.

14. skaw

skaw snooze

all the best abhay... hope u do well

15. Sonali

Sonali ::>> Welcome <<::

good luck abhay, you'll do awsome......tejas good job dude....nats coz of you, i've been confused abt tejas's gender ever since the day after the online party lol........i'm with mars and nats, i don't think i'll be playing for other ppl anytime soon.....i probably suck worse then anyone else in igt......:(

16. skaw

skaw snooze

k i guess u mite wana take tht back ... cuz i suk but styl have enuf confidence to play in front of others ... teja > he had enuf confidence to participate ... n well IGT gives me enuf confidence to play infront of my friends atleast ... n i m thinkin of playin a song in front of the whole skol ... styl not sure abt it .... but i will b playin in front of othrz sum time soon :p ...

@ abhay , tell us all abt it

17. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

what a coinidence man.......even mine was for teachers day....sadly we played jaane ja...dil ko...and bin tere sanam we wanted to go with that thing u do and summer of 69.and sweet child of mine...had given another brick in the wall a thought but left it for obvious reaosns :p.(our stupid GS wont let us play anything else....:mad:......:)

18. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I had my first performance few months back for the annual hostel night
    played bass for a unique fusion song : stan by eminem mixed with a lovely radha-meera bhajan.....having said that ...I am not still not ready for solo performance jus yet

19. tejas

tejas ..........

Hey Abhay, how did it go?

20. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

hi all. .. i am back alive from my first performance. .. it went fine enough. .. bell tolls as thr first song rocked. ... then the other guitarist broke a string. . .and we spent 3 mins putting up another one. .. then the self compo black of night also went fine though people cou'ld'nt really hear anything. .. the stupid sounf manager put down the volume. .. and the crowd was shouting a bit too much. .( more i think out of frustration than excitement ) but the fade to black rocked. ... and we did'nt play the other self compo. .. but all in all both metallica songs rocked. .. though we screwed up fade towards the end. . .but it was fine enough. .. i came through!!