Mumbai will host 2011 Cricket World Cup Final

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Dec 11, 2006.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

India's commercial capital Mumbai was on Monday chosen as the venue for the 2011 cricket World Cup final while Lahore and Colombo will stage the semifinals of the cricketing extravaganza.

Premadasa Stadium in Colombo, Sri Lanka, and the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore, Pakistan, would host the two semifinals, while Bangladesh's Sher-E Bangla National Stadium will host the opening ceremony and the first match, it was announced in Mumbai after a meeting of the representatives of the joint hosts of the tournament.

https://www.rediff.com/cricket/2006/dec/11wc.htm

2. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

LoL that'll be quite the fiasco unless they fix up the shithole that is Wankhede Stadium.

3. shak

shak Harrr!

fair enough ....

4. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

well thats better news than having the finals in pyancho-land, as was originally planned. kotla is almost a mughal ruin. wankhade is a lot better and i am sure can be retouched.

5. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

It'll be fun to see Mr. Thackrey's reaction if it's an India-Pakistan final.

Either of the two currently seem unlikely to make it to the finals but still...

6. nazr

nazr angel is my genital..

Why bombay?It had to be eden garden.Strange

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Ha!

And see a match abandoned mid-way beacuse the civilized audience couldn't resist jettisoning their used bottles and live squibs?

8. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

I'm sure about India ..

They won't make it that is ..

9. nazr

Come on yaar it wont happen everytime though you are right it should be slap on their uncivilzed wrists.

10. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

well foreign teams esp australia and england always insist that they be given a test there. but the eden gardens crowd don't do justice to their reputation as the "cresendo crowd" by also proving themselves as the most volatile crowd. but for a stadium, eden gardens cant be beat, by any other in india. mohali dont compare cos mohali has no lineage. CAB is the second oldest cricket club in the world, and older than BCCI.mohali = "johnny come lately/new kid on the block"

as for bombay getting the nod - for one, bombay deserves it, being the nucleus of cricket in india and two, ever since powar became the bcci chairman, bombay/maharashtra has been getting everything. in the england series, 2 of the 3 tests were in powar's hoime state.

11. nazr

Dalmiya hota to.....

12. rohit

rohit New Member

+1

if dalmiya would have been the bcci chairman then the final would have happened at eden gardens.

13. rohit

rohit New Member

mumbai needs a better stadium.

14. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Cricket sucks.

15. zicky5608

zicky5608 Power Shortage

It is said in every thread bout cricket lol.

+1

16. sanju_strings

sanju_strings 50 Pai$e <3V/S<3 50 CeNt$

thts nice !

india surely wont b in d finals .sachin will b sittin in vip stands cheering

aussie suck aussie suck !

gangully and dravid wont get vip tickets they can cheer in general section !