Mumbai Biker, Wear Helmet or Pay Fine!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Jan 23, 2005.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Well now everybody on bikes yes the second person also (dumb rule) has to wear an helmet. If your caught without an helmet in mumbai you will have cough up the fine. So this means if ur going to pickup ur gf carry an extra helmet for her, i dont how anyone can manage to carry an extra helmet on bike...but you gotta... :shock:

You can see traffic policemen hiding on every corner of mumbai city with an big and odd grin on their faces;) So beware! ;)

2. El macho

El macho New Member

Yeah & thats starting in Pune too! :think:

3. madhura

madhura pani poori yum yum ....

its not dumb at all..... it should be everywhere atleast in ALL metro cities .....
    paying a little bit and carrying it around is nothing for "life" .....
    ( it will also prevent using cell phones while driving .... )

4. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

I agree. Having the passenger wear a helmet is essential. I'm very glad that the law has enforced this rule in Bombay. It is going to make driving on Bombay's roads safer for everyone.

5. guls

guls New Member

yea,this rule is very much effective in delhi ......it is mandatory to wear helmets here.for second person too.....and its a good thing.....even putting seat belts is compulsory here otherwise u r "challaned"(i was once)...............
    even ex chief minister of delhi,Mr sahib singh ,was fined for riding pillion without helmet

as far as gals r concerned.......its good for them too as they will get rid of unwanted attention and also protect them from dust and sun....:)).

helmets wearing can reduce seroius injuries.....i mean its common sense...there s nothing wrong in it for u as well as for ur gf.....

6. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

delhi helmets ra joke.. they make these fake hemets out of thermocol for the passenger.. in anycase i think with all the population problems india has.. they shouldnt bother introducing such rules.

7. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

its starting here in Indore too..

i'll prefer driving a car now..

8. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

@ 6string , still to be of the safer side , its better you wear a helmet also while driving a car !!! :p:

@ neo - i think it a very good rule and shd be compulsory for both , i.e rider and the pillion ... b cos both of them share equal risk of getting injured !!!

@ everyone - it was big contaversies among the sikh community in delhi when this rule first started over there , they rufused to wear helmet !!!

https://www.tribuneindia.com/2004/20040603/cth1.htm#5

check after 4 / 5 articles ,...

9. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Hyderabad Biker, Wear helmet or have your bike hauled off to the dump or pay a bribe or call a big shot you know:) Wide choice given to us hyderabadis:p:

10. josh

josh New Member

Women pillion riders don't have to wear helmets in Delhi. Unwritten exception to the rule. That's because when the rule first came out some Sikh women kicked up a fuss saying their religion didn't allow it. Load of rubbish of course.

11. nadish

nadish Active Member

Thanx God there is no such damn rule in Pakistan heheheh