Multi Effects with Heavy distortion and sustain?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Speculator, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Speculator

Speculator New Member

Please recommend a brand of Multi Effects Processor with heavy distortion and sustain

Thanks in advance!!!

2. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Chintan of this forum has one. I dont remember the name but it's super heavy and has a good sustain too. He might jump in and suggest his stuff.

3. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

ZOOM GFX8

Best metal processor I have ever come across.

4. Speculator

Speculator New Member

What about Zoom 505 , 606 or 707?

Would the distortion be at least as good as the Boss Heavy metal pedal effect?

5. chintan9

they are mediocre pedals. If u are looking for a basic sound then those pedals will do. Anyways my friend is selling a 3 month old ZOOM505II . PM me for details.

Also,
    where do u live?

6. Speculator

Speculator New Member

Thanks Chintan !

I was usually ruuning my signal like this

Guitar ...> Boss Overdrive ...> Boss Heavy Metal ...> Boss Equalizer ..> Amp

The distortion was good and sustain too

I heard some FX processors dont give you enough distortion as isolated Boss effects.

I'm based in Chennai ,right now.

Also have you tried Korg processors? How are they compared to Zoom?

7. chintan9

No comparison.

trust me, if the zoom gfx8 wasnt good I wouldnt have bought it. I checked all pedals within the price range and nothing came even close(with respect to the distortion).

8. megadeth_rulz

megadeth_rulz New Member

for how much does zoom gfx8 come for ?

9. ronnieanand

Individual pedals are the best bet, provided you buy the right pedals. It can get really worse too. Unless you know what you want, dont try individual pedals. It can really burn out your wallet if you looking at trial and error. At least it did to me. Multi-FX is slightly compromised but very safe and any day better than a lot of mediocre compact pedals. What's good for other need not be good for you. I find Boss to be the worst pedal manufacturers ever but millions swear by it. So going by single pedals is a risk but it can get you a great sound that none of the processors can even dream of, IFFFFFF everything went on right, else you are doomed.

10. chintan9

I bought the Zoom GFX8 for around 18k.

11. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

^^^:shock:. I hate u. :p: :)

12. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

actually -ive seen my korg ax100g give awesome dist. - it all depends on how u config it - a nciely amde effect = great dist. etc...

its really how well you handle it...

that said - its less apinful and difficult to get great dist. out of a good pedal and a good amp than out of my ax100g and my crappy stranger

13. ronnieanand

I disposed my Korg AX100G and got myself a Korg AX1500g. Somehow I am convinced that AX100G sounded far better than AX1500G.

14. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

woah!

now thats a shock - i mean the 1500 is supossed to e everything the 100 isnt....

and well that now seems to also include - good

15. chintan9

well that completely depends on the genre of music. being a metal head I find the 1500 to be a better processor in comparison to the AX100G. Thedistortion sounds pretty heavy.

16. ronnieanand

I do use distortion but the notes are clearer in the AX100G. I feel, the notes are muffled comparitively in this AX1500G. I sat down and a lot with EQ and I was never convinced. Now I just set up a patch and using it without bothering about whether I like the sound or not. The Metronome is super sick in this. AX100G has a loud Metronome and a nice drum machine. I miss them pretty bad. One great thing, AX1500G has a 16 second phrase sampler, so I am able to record some 12 Blues Blues backing rhythm to solo over it. AX100G has only a 8 second sampler and that was bothering slightly. I wish AX1500G had a longer sampler like 24 seconds. That would have been great.

17. chintan9

If u are thinking of selling it give me a ring . One of my friends is looking for one.