Multi Effects Processor

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by chintan9, Oct 20, 2004.

1. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

I am selling my processor for 7000 bucks (negotiable). Its 4 months old and in excellent condition. I have the original box and the manual. It has onboard drum patterns and I have also set patches.

contact- chintan-080- 28561754/28567762 mob 31823204 email- [SNIP]
    I AM BASED IN BANGALORE

Anyways coming back to the topic
    Which do u guys think Is better Zoom GFx 8 or Korg ax 1500G
    I play metal!

2. well i was usin an effects processor and now ive begun to hate it...trust me go for good pedals...the price may be a little steep and lesser tone possibilities but its worth it...effects proccessors just kills tone in my opinion and just sounds compressed..
    my 2 bucks worth of advice.

3. chintan9

i for one hate tap dancing on stage. i mean it aint as simple as a box that can do everything.
    what say u?

4. chintan9

plus it is much cheaper and less time consuming(i.e setting up).

5. to each their own ...but most ppl will agree that good pedals sound way better than processors.....i know it can be a pain in the arse to set up and soundcheck ..but the end result is always worth it..
    its ur call
    crappy tone v/s gr8 tone with an effort

6. chintan9

crappy tone!
    not always man!

I just got a zoom GFX8 and Its perfect for metal. I mean, the boss mt2 sounds shit in comparison.
    The options, the possibilities, the effects.................endless!
    Anyways ,What pedals do u own?

7. ok i probably got a little carried away regarding the tone.....
    im savin up for the pedals i need..currently i own a stranger da-1 distortion pedal only and a multi effects unit ...
    but ive played through some gr8 pedals..just saving up ..man ..
    if u like it go ahead man..its all a matter of taste...joe sat uses boss gt6 i think....

8. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Pedals rule

Hi,
    I was using this Korg AX100G. It has some killer patches. It's kinda good for some noisy metal. I have seen a few other processors too. Same shit in different packages. Now I use my Korg AX100G as a metronome and a tuner. Currently my pedals are Boss BD2 Blues Driver, MXR 104 Distortion+, Morley Steve Vai Bad Horsie Wah Pedal, Korg PEQ1 Parametric Equalizer and Arion Compressor. MXR distortion is one crazy distortion. It doesn't have much sustain but I can give you one warm and smooth distortion that even GT6 will have to beg for. I combine it with the Compressor to get the sustain also. Best of both the worlds :). With MXR and PEQ1 I get pretty close to the old Black Sabbath sound. BD2 also has a neat sound. I combine these two distortions to get a more crunchier tone with nice cutting distortion.
    You might have to tap dance with this stuff but it will one tap dancing you'd love to do when you hear the sounds from these awesome pedals.

:rock:

9. BIG_EVIL

BIG_EVIL Guitaring Machine

pedals all the way

10. ronnieanand

I just realized about this tap dancing story. Hardly we play something where we simultaneously change 3 or 4 effects at a time. Lets say we play a Pink Floyd Stuff. Usually you can leave your Flanger on to get a nice clean tone and the same time you can use it along with your distortion to get that Floydish tone. So when clean to distortion it's only 1 pedal switching. Somebody I knew gave me an explanation that if he had to switch on distortion, phaser, flager at the same time and also put the chorus off, then it'd be difficult for him to be tap dancing with the pedals. Could somebody tell me, when do you do such major shifting of sound. I have now gone through a complete new set of pedals. My setup is Guitar -> AMT Distortion -> Boss BD2 -> Rocktron Tsunami Chorus -> Rocktron Short Timer Delay -> Marshall MG15CD. My over drive sound is from AMT and I use Boss BD2 as a tone and volume boost with gain set to 0. When I play clean, I keep my AMT OFF, BD2 ON, Chorus ON, Delay ON. When I go to distorted Rhythm playing I keep AMT ON, BD2 OFF, Chorus ON, Delay ON and when I go on lead I keep AMT on, BD2 ON, Chorus ON, Delay ON. I have come with some setting on Delay and Chorus, so that they dont affect my tone on clean or distortion. With this setting clean to rhythm is just two pedals changes, clean to lead is just one pedal switch, rhythm to lead or lead to rhythm is also only one pedal switching. I guess this tap dancing stories is for guys who want excuse for not trying out pedals. Most guys I know who talk about tap dancing stories dont even own or play individual pedals. Just some out of blue story.
    Bring along your processor and compare the current tone in my setup. It will beat any of your processor hands down.

11. ronnieanand

Continuing with the pink floyd story. Has anyone seen Dave Gilmour tap dancing on stage. Poor guy sits and plays very sober, still manages to switch on various pedals.