Movie Black

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by rockin'away, Mar 24, 2005.

1. kaiser

kaiser Bored

yeah im back. hey lets start stealing again.
    jesus, we both got terrible reps eh? haha.

2. browneyegurlie

browneyegurlie Sweet as Honey

it was an amazing film....in some places yeh it got a bit hmm but it was really gud...Ayesha Kapoor did an awesome job

3. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

if u r born deaf.. and blind.. how can u talk? use your brain dude if u have one.. and think about it

there is this whole categoy of people deaf and dumb.. they have ability to speak.. but have never ever heard any sound in their life.. so do not know what to speak.. so just make wierd noises.. if they can see.. they do speech therapy.. teach them lip reading and also how to speak , so they manage somehow.. its tough but those folks are amazing they adapt. in case of triple handicap deaf dumb and blind.. it becomes even difficut.. i have no clue hoe u can teach such people to speak or communicate :shock:
    and i havent seen the movie yet

4. Bandbaaja

Bandbaaja Pronounced Band Baaaa Ja

super performances by all
    I never liked rani mukherjee before this.
    but this movie was too much to handle.
    she has gained tremendous respect because of the sheer hard work and dedication that she has put into the role.

5. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

personally, i hated the movie, too melodramatic and too much overacting...maybe cuz ive watched too many movies.
    ..the kid was cool though

6. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

@jay.. well said. i wonder why u haven't seen the movie yet.

7. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

I stand firm on my opinion....it's bullsh*t.
    He tries to be sensitive but in the process becomes melodramatic and introduces an element of artificiality in the emotions...none of the characters look like real life deaf/blind people with genuine problems....hell... rani lives in the huge mansion all the time...with europian artists' paintings and gothic architecture and chandeliars and all ....I don't know any deaf/blind people who live that well....:)....crap!! Do any of u guys personally know...any handicapped people?....and to top it all ...the ending was a hammer on my head...sheesh!!...oozing with superficiality man...

@datta....in the word of Munna from Rangeela...."Hum public hai...hum kisiko bhi kuch bhi bol sakta hai..."...everone has his/her opinions...u don't need to be an expert cook to tell if something tastes terrible. :)

8. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

handicapped people face hell in india. they cant cross roads, or even use public restrooms.. accessibility is alomst non existent.. which is why you do not see so many handicapped people IN inida.. they probably stay indoors.. but here in usa, u seem them more often.. public places, workplaces.. and since according to the constution, its a equal opportunity country, with common basic human rights for everyone, plus they would sue the government like crazy in USa other wise :) accessibilty is a big thing here.. braille in elevators,ramps everywhere so that every part of the building is wheelchair accessible, pedestrian crossings that beep to show signal.. buses with hyrdaick liefts for wheel chairs.. all common.. and necesary by law here... self empowerment.. thats the keyword, accessibility is a prime requirement for that.

i heard things are changing in india too.. the motivation si flawed.. they want to change indias image it seems the politicians.. but in anycase it wiLL do our fellow citizens with physical handicaps a lot of good none the less.

9. fictional_real

@light...i dunno what you got frm the movie but at the looks of it you seem to be TOO harsh.

its defenitely NOT bullsh^t

10. kaiser

kaiser Bored

jay man. watch the movie n then reply to my post. of course, a guy who cant see or listen cant learn to speak, cuz he dont know WHAT to speak....u're right.
    but u see, the girl mouths some words when big b teaches her. she gets the syllables n even manages to pronounce some words. so, my point is why- by the time she grows up, when she's able to read braille and even manages to teach the big b how to say WATER towards the end of the movie- doesnt she speak? and they're pretty adaptive, we know that. besides, if one can learn to READ, one can learn to speak, dude. it's much easier.

but my question here is futile n explainin my point here defeats the purpose cuz u havent even seen the film.

11. ambuj

ambuj Pro Tabber

No its not. I know a guy from school, he's one year senior to me. He could see and all, and was perfet physically, but his hearing wasn't well developed. Sure, he used a hearing aid, but even today(and today he's 19 or 20 years old), his speech isin't clear, he still sounds like a toddler when he speaks.

And its gotta be pretty difficult to talk when you can't hear yourself, when you don't have the faintest idea what "sound" is, and are not even sure whether your attempts are getting any responses or not. When you can see, its a bit easier (I've interacted with people like that too, they couldn't hear, but when I said my name, they repeated it back pretty well, even though it was far from perfect, due to lip reading and such), but I wouldn't know, coz I have never been in such a situation myself.

12. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

i can totally belive u that they made a crappy melodramatic film totally out of sync with the realities of life.. i got to see it first to confirm..
    indian directors do that, they bank in on the ignorance of the audience, and are clever enough to know what triggers emotional response from the audience and to exploit that they move away from common sense and logic all the time. thats bollywood for you. that said and done.. i have heard good reviews.. and havent seen the movie.. so as of now i am neutral.

13. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

any how it was a great film:)

14. fictional_real

Maybe the director wanted to convey a message dat everything is possible even if you are blind or something to dat effect.

A blind person getting admission in an university seems to be like dream come true however, you can't say anything is possible. you know...

Indian audiences dont want to have a big logic behind a bollywood movie, they just need to have a nice time and bollywood movie provides dat.
    I live in India, i have seen ppl around me and their attitudes towards movie. Even karan johar movies seems a torture to me, but at the end of day its just a movie. Just something to pass your time.

Dats ok.

15. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

@fictional...... I second that....I also used to make a fuss about how bollywood movies r crappy with people who think they're perfectly alright.....I've stopped that....but still that doesn't make them less crappier!!:):).

16. nadish

nadish Active Member

I dont like indian and pakistani movies at allllllllllllllllllllllll....

17. fictional_real

I had to learn to accept the bull sh^t crappy things which are shown in bollywood, you cant take out a girl to see a movie like jurassic park or an intelluctual movie like the insider. Can you?

by the way, some bollywood movies are blast.....jo jeet wohi sikander, hera pheri, paresh rawal stuffs, ashutosh stuffs, nice nice...ones. u know...

18. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

thats so true... if only people would do this kind of thing in real life!..... just because sum1 is blind and mute doesnt mean they cant move forward in life....its just about thinking of how you would feel if you were the same....

19. kaiser

kaiser Bored

whoa....lotsa deviations from the topic. anyway, im not the supervisor or something but here's what i wanna say n get outta the thread.

first of all, what i was pointing out was a flaw in the film. why rani couldn't talk, when she herself could teach big b, i still dont understand. but to hell with it. dont wanna harp on that. slb just took a cinematic liberty, u can say. thats the term used for 'mild' flaws.

secondly, i take movies seriously. im a film buff n dream to make one one day. its ok, if a filmmaker takes cinematic liberties. but there's a limit. in this film, slb just throws reality outta the window. the characters dont seem real. the mansion, the teacher (big b) n everything else are phoney. unreal. what happened to characterisation?
    the performances were good, no doubt. but the film sucked....or shall i say i didnt like it.

3. slb's intention was noble. he wanted to tell the whole world that nothing is impossible. that u need the will in order to do anything. in fact, if u have the will, u can do anything. black was meant to inspire. and it did.

lastly, movies that are a blast are of a different genre. they are meant to be wacky or breezy. they are made with tthe intention of not being taken seriously, so in that case they dont matter much to filmmaking.

20. nikamma1112

nikamma1112 New Member

I thought the performances were flawless, especially Ayesha Kapoor. She was brilliant!

Movie ... erm, good ... but it doesn't deserve the kinda praises it's getting. It's nowhere near to the title of the best Hindi film (which the media is calling it). It was quite melodramatic at places.

I personally thought Khamoshi was a better flick. Similar theme, same director ... HDDCS and Devdas were bad, though.

- Raj.