Mouse screwd up

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by DrSaurabh, Aug 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

hey
    people help me out here...
    lately my mouse has been acting wierd....suddenly it starts movin on its on........goes completely berserk.......at these times even tiniest movements i make are exaggerated ten fold....anyhow this is how it was goin.....everyonce in a while it will get these "eplileptic seizures" after which it wud be normal....then suddenly one day it stopped working....so i changed th mouse....the problem subsided and returned back...then i got one more brand new mouse and put it.....the problem subsided again..meanwhile in the background i ran a complete virus scan to chek for this with the latest updates of AVGscan...no virus found.....................................................so now am left with a mouse which doesnt work and yes am navigating everything wih usingjust my keyboard.........:annoyed::mad:

2 things:
    someone tell me how do i make my cursur move with the direction keys
    &
    solve my damn problem.....
    pronto:)

z

2. J.J

J.J The Guitar God

Dr it seems that u r using a ball wala mouse that happens sometimes that it goes haywire but it isn't something to worry about just open ur mouse from the underside and clean the ball and all that stuff there maybe dust inside it thats why.

3. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

naah.......this is brand new....no dirt at all........just took it out of the pack 2 days back....

4. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

if it is PS/2 mouse ... check the pins (male as well as the female sides) ...

coz sometimes the male end of the pin doesn't go properly into the female end ... and causes all sorta problem ...

5. arunrx

arunrx Banned

Control Panel > Accessibility options > Mouse

Check "Use mouse keys" and customize rate of acceleration as required.

And to solve the issue.. no idea :annoyed:

As you have replaced the mouse few times, problem cannot be with the mouse.
    Verify the mouse settings... try with USB mouse.

6. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

Yeah, the problem should be with ur port not your mouse since you bought it recently. Try a USB mouse and if it works then your PS/2 port has a problem.

7. J.J

J.J The Guitar God

i don't think so....hey doc by a laser mouse...simple.

8. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

am gettin a optical mouse tomorrow and getting a ps2 to serial converter.....will be tryin with that.......thanx guys

9. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

PS/2 is shot...got a usb mouse....thanx u guys......
    thread served purpose..
    thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.