Modern Rock

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by mrfreeze, Oct 16, 2005.

1. mrfreeze

mrfreeze The coolest one!!!

hey guys....i know the current rock scene is dismal....but what do you think of coldplay and green day.....i think these two bands are quite good and can carry the rock flame forwards....

what do you guys say?

2. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Yeah we even have audioslave...and well there are lots of prog bands like DreamTheater, Tool, Symphony X that have a huge following. Just cuz it doesnt play on MTV doesnt mean they dont exist.
    Rock music will go on and on......
    Look at how Paki Rock has come of age. And look at those bloddy Japs...all the best bands do include Japan on their tour..man, lucky asses

3. mrfreeze

mrfreeze The coolest one!!!

hey...i just happen to have a prejudice against the current rock bands.....and you cant really blame me for that....i just listened to some limp bizkit and linkin park by accident and....well...

though some linkin park songs are good, like somewhere i belong, in the end etc....but these guys are so typed that they seem to have a set formula in which they just put up their lyrics and...there's a new song

btw, just listen to american idiot by greenday and x&y by coldplay....u'll love it

4. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

man listen 2 RATM .....if u want sumthing new....thy split up right now...and the guitarist formed AUDIOSLAVE...but never heard anything like Tom Morrelo ( guitarist )

5. jekyll

jekyll Banned

freeze most of the bands u mentioned are not guitar intensiev ... hence they dont catch my fantasy ,,,

anyway they are nice bands ... :)

6. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

modern rock suck..... heavy metal , thrash metal and rock n roll genre is pathetic

thers no trend of playin guitar solos...most of them playin just rhythms..anf formula musik

however some of the bands like remanants of
    gunz n roses> VELVET REVOLVERS ,
    nirvana >FOO FIGHTERS,
    Ratm . AUDIOSLAVE
    and some british rock n roll band like JET , FRANZ FERDINAND, KAISER CHEIFS ,
    and heavy metal bands like SLIPKNOT , TRIVIUM can make rock better in the future

7. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

SLIPKNOT can make rock better .!!!!!!!

" Now i've heard everything " * shoots himself *

8. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

u really are a MASTER OF BLUNDERS

9. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

i actually always liked creed and alterbridge stuff.
    i think mark tremonti is a gifted guitar player..
    only he should stick to making good songs and play tonal solos..and stop trying to shred.

10. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

well...i dont think the modern rock scene is dismal.....even linkin and limp are good...
    tis just a matter of taste......rock needed to evolve ...and evolve it did...
    and regarding solos...man being a guitarist we identify solos..we love them...worship lead guitarists....but fer the average rock listener......its all the same......they just want vocals do keep them going....time has changed...

11. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

I'll salute you...... And two seconds later (unfortunaltely) you'll be shot or sent to a medivial torture chamber.

12. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

hallowed be his name!

13. jekyll

jekyll Banned

SLIPKNOT OWNSSS!!!

anyway i simply liked Creed n Alter Bridge ...
    nice songs

14. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

yeah mike tremonti is quite talented....even his shred's are very melodic....but not a big melodic metal fan

15. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

This Symphony X guitarist Michael Romeo is a shameless guy. He is 200% Yngwie Rip Off. With so much of proficiency, he should have tried developing a style for himself.

I have one of his video lesson where in one of the things, he tries to show a fast lick saying that it has to be played this way and he rips and fumbles and stops miserably. Then he starts again and does it. "Yaanaikkum Adi Sarukkum".

Good guitarist nevertheless but seriously lacks style. Sounds like he only plays Yngwie Tabs.

16. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

huh ^^...i heard a cuple of Symohiny X songz...liked em a lot....cudnt see the YNGWIE connection........

maybe ur right coz i havent seen any instructional of his !

17. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

has anyone heard of STATIC X here ? :mad:.......im :mad: after them!

18. bobbit_uncut

bobbit_uncut Banned

^^^
    well in that case he couldve esaily edited that.
    This just proves that he is quite an honest chap, not hiding his mistakes.

IS this guy a podgy-fatty guy looking like Adnan Sami? in that case I have a small video of his, he plays some brilliant stuff.

19. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

static x is good at times....

creed, audioslave, alter bridge (tremonti is bad ass...nd i lik da new vocalist better than scot strap)....stone sour and staind

20. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

i love creed anyday!........all superb hit songs!.......i am also huge huge fan of linkin park......man, al most all songs of their album are fantastic.......atleast not like seventh son of 7th son wheere the 1st 2 tracks are gud and rest are crap!