Microsoft sucks ?? Come here in ..

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by abhay_saxena, Jul 4, 2004.

1. guitar_gal

guitar_gal New Member

err, ppl.. 1 thing.. i found a driver 4 my modem loooong ago on da net. im not able 2 INSTALL it, coz mandrake loads default usb drivers.. i need 2 kno how 2 prevent dis, so dat i can install da driver dat i hav....

2. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

i'll find what can be done to prevent this .. . please wait. .

3. guitar_gal

guitar_gal New Member

sure.. thanx! :beer:

4. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

You have to modify a file. I will email you complete details afte rExam please..

5. guitar_gal

guitar_gal New Member

sure.. il wait.. :beer:

n btw, am still waitin 4 dose cds ur frend waz sposed 2 hand ovr... n da contact no. of gourov dasgupta....

6. jayanth

The second one is unlikely to happen.. Cause Gaurav is absconding.. Cds will come to you when i get there.. I have not contacted him cause of exams..

7. guitar_gal

guitar_gal New Member

alrity.. gr8 :beer:

8. abhay_saxena

hey jayanth. .. i got your address. .. so wanna start exchanging cd's . .. ?? tell me what ya want. .. ??

9. jayanth

What u got.. Anything you want i'll get you..

10. satriani

satriani run in veins

hey this is good acha tell me can i install linux on my system confg. p3 256 ram 933 processor software i use Adobe photoshop, illustrator, premiere, aftereffects, 3ds max sound forge , acoustica mp3 mixer, macromedia flash, freehand, discret plasma, poser, particle illusion etc, yaar i use multimedia softwares and ofcourse msn messenger, can any one of u help me in that can i use all this on linux if i can then do tell me the version i'll let u know if i get that version here else u have to help me in that excluding all charges :eek: and installation help.

11. jayanth

No dude you r system is good.. But those software arent available for linux..

12. abhay_saxena

adobe is available but others you can substitutes .. that is not the same company but maybe others. . .and MSN messenger ...? ?? u must be joking. ... MSN shall release a version linux. .?? ha ha ha. ..great joke. .. but you can find other substitutes for linux. . .you would need to scourge the net for softwares. .. .you could use yahoo messengers. .. .if you want you could have a dual boot system with linux and windoze ... . even that works great. . .boot in windows for some software that do not run on linux and you desperately want to run .. .and run linux otherwise. ... by the way. .. i once found a software that was a msn messenger clone for linux and worked fine. .. i'll see if i can find it again here. .. . tell us what you think about it santriani. .

13. satriani

satriani run in veins

man kasam say i love to use linux even i tried once to install linux but i badly failed dude the softwares i mentioned all r my needed software but as u said that i can find substitutes for linux its better but do i need to download them or r they available on CDs acha tell me which version of linux and how to install it waise i dont mind not using msn messenger if i'll be using linux i wish to use linux hey one more question do i need do change may fat32 to ntfs ? may be i'll use dual OS like i am using now one is 98 and other is 2000 professional do tell me plz
    thanks

14. abhay_saxena

hey santriani. .. . u could get these software for freeware maybe from cd's with magazines or from the net. .. . you can install any version of linux from redhat to suse to mandrake or any of your choice. .. you can use graphical user interfaces like KDE or Gnome if you are a first time user. .. . and u don't need to change your file system. .. but you will have to delete about 5 gb of hard disk space from your windows partition ... linux will format this space into its own filesystem called reiserFS ... . and u might need to add extra space for data and installations. .. .your existing windows wil lcontinue running on your existing partition. .. i will tell you more about oartitioning later when u decide to install .. ..

15. satriani

satriani run in veins

man i have decided to install linux i mentioned u that i love to use linux cud u plz guide me on installing linux when i tried to intall linux it asked me what type of mouse and keyboard i am using etc etc. guide me for installing linux process and from where i can choose graphical mode ?
    thanks

16. abhay_saxena

what version are you installing .. ?? when u put in the cd . . .then it will ask first about the hardware and the disk partitioning ... u need to put in the mouse and keyboard models or it generally detects on its own. ... . the partitioning you will have to specify. .

17. abhay_saxena

first tell me which version are u installing

18. satriani

satriani run in veins

man i lost the cd i'll have to buy a new one u suggest me but keep in ur mind that i dont know anything abt installing linux so its up 2 u !

19. abhay_saxena

you don't have to buy. .. you could try linux suse 9.0 or 9.1 .. . i know about the installation of thes two. . .or redhat. . .for other flavours. .maybe jayanthc an help

20. satriani

satriani run in veins

hey abhay i had redhat linux but i lost the cd from where can i get suse 9.0 or 9.1 and how to install that