Microsoft sucks ?? Come here in ..

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by abhay_saxena, Jul 4, 2004.

1. zing

zing Machine Head

u dunno wot u missin pal

2. satriani

satriani run in veins

sorry i forgot to type pwd but i tried ls and after that i got the list and in the list i found some files and dirs, u asked me for slmodem, but i found slamr.modules-dist, slmdm.modules-dist and slmdm.spec in "S" category, now what to do ?

3. vishalj

vishalj Banned

I lurve Microsoft. It has its annoying features but if you're smart enough you can work around them. Screw linux (for now).

4. zing

zing Machine Head

y put up with annoying features at all????
    u dont know it buddy but linux is wht makes th world go round hehe

chk dis....
    - what was used in making lion king, star wars, shrek.....etc etc.
    windows / linux?
    - what does the worlds top security site - national security agency of us govt dept of defense - run on?
    windows / linux?
    - what do companies like ibm, intel, hp prefer for real programming?
    windows / linux?
    - what does IGT run on?
    windows / linux ?

answer to all of the above: LINUX!!!! if u hadnt guessed it yet

5. zing

zing Machine Head

type cd /location/of/your/downloaded/slmodem/file

6. satriani

satriani run in veins

sowwie cant get it :(

7. vishalj

vishalj Banned

But I hear Linux is a bitch to learn and what about the windoes only apps?

8. zing

zing Machine Head

linux used 2 b a bitch but its alot easier now
    chk out these movies on how to use linux -
    https://freeloaderlinux.sourceforge.net/

whtever u can do on windows u can do better wit linux

9. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

hhahahahahahhhh......seriously.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

microsoft doesnt suck ...and so doenst Linux ..

first of all linux came up because of microsoft..people hated the fact that there windows kept crashin every 5 min so they set out to make an open source OS to beat microsoft at there own game..so technically ..IF DERE WAS NO MICROSOFT ..DERE WUD BE NOTHIN CALLED LINUX !!!!...

but no way ..linux can become more popular then windows ..especially not in home computin ...besides the newer versions of windows (especially from 2000) have being really great ...XP does have its occasional glitches ..but nothin a service pack cant beat ...but ..win 2000 stil remains the most stable and most east to work with OS till now ...

also..regardin user-friendliness..come on guys ...no way u can say linux is better in this area...sure u can say 'its al familiarity n stuff.."but /.anyway...take any linux distro ..and it cant even match half of windows user-friendly ness ..

the only are were linux beats windows wel is in stablilty and in the server department ..but ..win 2000 is as stable as any lunux distro out dere...

and one more thing all u linux lovers ..

do u have microsoft office ??....i mean..nothin can beat mic office ..sure u can use crossover software ...but u gotta pay for it ...and ..bump..dere goes linux's advantage..and if u are goin to use WINE ....al i can say is ..
    GUD LUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKkk

so microsoft doesnt sux ...peace ...

and one more thing ...al those 3d games u ppl play ...they al use directx ..and guess who made directx ???

without directx ...gordon freeman wud look like those sticks in pong !!!

10. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

ms office is a great product for sure. But no i dont have ms office and i dont think i'll ever need it. this is enough:
    https://images.linspire.com/application/ope/187998/2_0_0_1bpo1_5_0_0_50_linspire0_3/openoffice2.jpg.com/application/ope/187998/2_0_0_1bpo1_5_0_0_50_linspire0_3/openoffice2.jpg&imgrefurl=https://www.linspire.com/openoffice&h=290&w=377&sz=33&tbnid=SwyGMTAYPJzCuM:&tbnh=91&tbnw=119&hl=en&start=78&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dopenoffice.org%2B2.0%2B%26start%3D60%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN[/URL]

11. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

yeah man..open office is great ..but ...nothin can beat the sleekness and the downright features of MS office ...

regardin linspire (actually lindows )..it is first linux distro which failed miserably ...i t hink u al know tht they tried to get linux runnnin on top of windows so that it looks like windows but the core is linux...but it was a huge failure ..it was actually bein sold initially ..but den they had to pul it out and now its free !!

al u microsoft haters ......wat abt directx ????....u ppl say so many things abt linux being great nal...yes..it is great indeed in its own terms..but this piece of software is the reason y many ppl stil dont want to crossover to Linux and the fact of user-friendliness !!!...so al u linux lovers wil continue to be tht way ..and al u windows lovers wil continue to be this way ...but in the whole ...u can watch ur frnds windows comp playin HALF-LIFE 2 which u can only wish to play on redhat or mandrake or SUSe or wateva distro u own.

12. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

maybe ...but openoffice it never crashed in its lifetime and i can paste staff notations there..its fast and its smart thats it. [QUOTE regardin linspire (actually lindows ).... [/QUOTE] wats a linspire ..i donno -- the link i gave earlier was intended for openoffice 2.0 and distros fail/pass who cares -- linux is linux is linux -- its the kernel.
    omg & what is directx? i only understand computer jargon that starts with X (linux is an exception) :grin: .... when u say linux is great in its own terms and windows in its own terms ...i agree and dont intend to ask people to start using linux. Its personal choice. I dont paly pc games so personally im not bothered abt graphic stuff -as long as i can watch tv and watch videos <with a quality i dont need to convince any body else is superior to windows ...my eardrums find them more friendly which i cant help> But ... watever ... 'out of its own terms' ... I am sure a linux destop (kde3.4 >) is far better <read beautiful, fast, intutive and ofcourse stable> than a windows xp/2003 desktop. If you dont agree... its fine -- u go ur way and i go mine and never the twain shall meet on this thread :)

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Who says MS sux?

They make Visual Studio, the best application for developing applications.
    Best looking applications which make the Most efficient usage of memory as well as processor.

Best games come on MS.
    (Along with VDO and Audio FX)

Best DAWs are built for MS and Mac.
    And ofcourse working on Windows allows you to earn high incomes. :p

14. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

This message was posted using Windows 2000 Professional

15. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

^buddy u got all those 'best' facts from ms site ha? :)