MICrophone/audio problem..HELP??

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by vini, Nov 24, 2005.

1. vini

vini Repeat Offender

my PC was in bad shape, so i sent it to the servicing guy(he reinstalled the os)..and today when it came back..the first thing i thought of doing was recording a song..and poof!!!

i plugged in the mic..and tried recording my voice on both audacity as well as windows sound recorder but..the result = blank!!

so i tried checking the sounds and audio devices settings thru control panel..but still couldnt figure out anything...so guys if u have any clue...then gimme any and every suggestion u can possibly think of...coz i dont wanna be muted at igt soundtrack forum ..forever!! :p:

help :help: yelp

2. itwasnoteasy

itwasnoteasy E chord humka dede Thakur

I am just guessing well it depends on which kind of OS do u have and these setting may show differently on your computer. Here's the screen shot do check this. another thing is try starting the PC with mic connected to it.

Attached Files:

3. vini

vini Repeat Offender

restarting didnt work

im using windows xp

@itwasnotez
    the thing u've tried to suggest thru this screenshot...i've already enabled it!

:think:

4. itwasnoteasy

itwasnoteasy E chord humka dede Thakur

whew!!! it seems its out of my skills then :dance:

5. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

6. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

re-install ur mic..
    i think..
    or check ur sound card..

btw..kuch na kuch laga hi rehta hai tohre PC pe.... :p:

7. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

You can check whether the MIC is muted in the volume control or not. Or rather check if the MIC is ok or not.

nIK!:nw:

8. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

hey open the casing of ur pc ie where u have the harddisc n all am sure that the wire which leads to ur mic port ie is probably or slightly disconnected /moved out of its place

i had that prob recently ............

9. vini

vini Repeat Offender

no the mic is not muted..i think i should try to test with a new mic.wonder how much is that gonna cost..anyways!
    @sPY...thats a tuff siggestion!...if new mic doesnt work..i would try that

ps- guys i used2record w/o any hassles..the problem has risen only now when my PC is back after the OS reinstallation..i wonder what the servicing guy did..Grr

10. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

He must not have installed the sound drivers...
    Install your sound card drivers from your motherboard cd
    Or if he has installed, it must be a wrong driver...

REgards,
    Zooom..!!

11. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

when mine did not work i tried all that u suggested n finally opened the casing n saw that it could have been solved in less than a min...........

well do tell us if the other suggestions worked b4 u try mine ;)

12. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

ya vins, do as ZOOM told,mera bhi wahi hua tha.....check all ur settings and sounddrivers properly..........else u can get a mic with headpone for rs.150...skip macdonalds for one evenin.......if this also does not work,.............get hold of ur service wala and beat him black and blue.....eheheh...........** prays for ur mic to get well soon ** ssh......** im still prayin **

13. vini

vini Repeat Offender

@ zoom

motherboard cd?..i didnt get any such cd when i bot this pc..though the dealer gave me 2 Cds; first CD which is labelled as "Documentation & Utilities" .. is it the one? :think:

and the other is called "CRT Monitors"..that cant be..hehe! :grin:

ps-Plz bear wid me as im really not at much ease wid technical problems and their troubleshooting

Now temme..how should i go about installing the sound drivers..if thats the problem :)

@abhi
    well....ur praying for my mic? :p: kya re

so plzzzzzz :help:

14. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

hey HP did give cds to me ..how come u dint???..i have drivers ka file here i took frm net..but i guess they differ pc to pc..techless me too..

15. vini

vini Repeat Offender

which one are u using? my model is Compaq Presario sr1300il

waiting for :help:

16. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

Check the name of your sound drivers. Then download them.
    Go to run < type dxdiag > click on the sound tab

vini likes this.
  17. vini

vini Repeat Offender

i didnt recieve the motherboard cd..the guy said it doesnt come along wid my model :shock: its wid hp pavillion etc,. anyways whatever crap that means...so how do i get the sound driver now that there no mom board cd is there...can i download from net if yes..where and how?

driver name is "alcxwdm.sys"

helppppppppp :help:

18. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----&gt; Zhol-Man&lt;----

19. vini

vini Repeat Offender

@ abhi

My Goodness!!..the link u gave is accurate BUT BUT..it required a comprhensive sign up/registration and accept newsletters and try the contests of their advertising sponsors and again sign up wid sponsors...blah blah..UFF!! :shock: :shock:
    :annoyed:

do u have any other decent link..but thanx anyway ..phew!!! :dance:

20. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----&gt; Zhol-Man&lt;----

abey tht is free registration yaar...they r not gonna pester u ...sign in..get ur work done..bhul jaao ..........