Metallica Rips Off Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by peaceful_words, Oct 4, 2005.

1. peaceful_words

peaceful_words New Member

Now this is something big...........

Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan vs Metallica or Santana.Kirk(Metallica) was asked by legendary guitarist Carlos Santana to contribute to his upcoming release "All That I Am." Now in the song "Trinity" it is noticed that the riff is a complete rip off from Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan Ghazal "Teray Bin Nahi Lagda Dil Mera Dholna".You are here to decide listen to the track "Trinity" and be the judge.The album hits the store on 1st November buy this album and make your friends listen to it on a cd player..haha :)
    ISNT THAT A BIG NEWS PEOPLE...HAINA

You can listen to the full song, 'Trinity,' here.
    javascript:void%20window.open('https://www.metallica.com/videoplayer/videoselect.asp?media_id=4441','mediaselect','width=380, height=465,resizable=no, status=yes,menubar=no')

-all sources provide from www.pakmanzil.com

2. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

wht is the possibility of it being the other way round... :think:

3. peaceful_words

peaceful_words New Member

cause as far as i know..NFAK's song is very very old...and metallica's song is very new as in, in their new album....

4. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

maybe.

anyway who cares, the whole music industry is based on more of inspirations and less of originality

5. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

well, considering the number of bands in the east who've been "inspired" by metallica and ripped off their riffs, I'd call this sweet, sweet redemption.

6. vini

vini Repeat Offender

:grin: yeah..this is surely something big

im dyin2listen to this song now :think: whats it called..all that i am?

7. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

stupid thread so many music is copied from so many other artists own work(igt itself go so many adaat songs based from jal lolz sorry those r cover versions)

well i dont care who copied on whom as long as the output song is nice to my ears!!!!!

8. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

amazing to hear that .......

9. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

WOW its scrafully similar ... Whatever ... Kirk should mention NFAK's name for sure ... Else he will be behaving like the cheap indians who rip off .... And give no credit !!!!

10. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Frankly I don't think Metallica even know who Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan is...

11. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Dude drop ur ego for a while and think !!!!!!!
    Did u know NFAK has jammed with SLASH !!!!! And GNR and Met were big time pals ....
    And NFAK is not just famous in india ...
    And the west have a gr8 revernce for Indian stuffs .... UNLIKE WE INDIAN PIGS ...

And if ur metallity of dumping india permit u plz check this ..

https://music.msn.com/album/default.aspx?album=40599914&stab=2

It reads ...
    Canadian guitarist Michael Brook worked with Nusrat to create the 1990 crossover hit Mustt Mustt, and the release was hailed internationally and credited with leading Pakistani youth to discover Sufi religious music, qawwali. This follow-up project helped establish something of a tradition for Real World crossover projects. The genre features dreamy, atmospheric keyboards and guitars, simple, mid-tempo rhythms, and a kind of low-key understatement that, depending on your point of view, sounds either profoundly mystical or else tedious and bland. With West African kora and electronic backing and Nusrat singing in a relaxed mid-range voice, the opener "My Heart, My Life" sounds almost like a Salif Keita ballad as it works up to its energized closing chant. "My Comfort Remains" and "Crest" are essentially pop numbers with catchy melodies, the former bouncy but static, the latter building towards a revelatory crescendo. Not until the fifth of eight tracks, "Longing," do we hear Nusrat's signature scat singing and his singular wail, unmistakable even when lavished with effects. "Sweet Pain" might be the strongest track, beginning deep in dream space with a wandering bassline and a simple backbeat, and then heating up to powerful close with Nusrat delivering spitfire scat. Wherever you stand on Real World's arty aesthetics, you have to admire the qawwali star's sense of adventure here. You also have to recognize that no crossover project, including Nusrat's far more fun collaboration with London DJ Bally Sagoo, approaches the power of his standard fare qawwali. ~ Banning Eyre, All Music Guide

12. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

yea...can be true...even Pt. Ravi Shankar performed at one woodstock

13. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

^ i just pictured that...badass!

14. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

15. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

Haha, that is so ****in' cool!

16. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

yup...those were the days...absolute badass...hippy culture rulezz anyday :rock:

found this on google while searching for sm ravi shankar pics https://www.woodstock69.com/file1.htm

interesting to read....i wish i was there

17. dashingmoiz

dashingmoiz New Member

NFAK was Peter Gabriel's favourite non-western artist.

18. kaylash

kaylash Member

yep

F******* hell!!! yes. I listened to it.
    I was just wondering if NAFKhan converted all his music in hard. Metallica would have been ripped off. Ha!!
    kaylash