Metal Gods (Patch Help)

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by cyclonetrap, Dec 22, 2005.

1. cyclonetrap

cyclonetrap New Member

hey guys .. im in need of the patch for Metal Gods a Judas priest song . Just after the chorus when the guitars follow the vocals .. theres a very very typical metallic patch .. any idea how to make that patch ? Any idea how i cn make it on my GNX2 ?? Or if anyone else has it on their processors can you tell me the parameters ??

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Well am not sure what exactly are u talkin about.
    But instead of calling it a typical metallic patch, I would call it typical hard rock patch. ;-)

Their tone truned metallic only in their Painkiller and ___ (last album - name forgotten)

Anyway: Glenn Tipton and KK Downing used to play with Marshalls, so if u have that amp sim on your GNX try with that,
    Mids and Treble real high, bass quite low (that will give the loose sound of old marshalls)

Delay set to about 400ms (d00d I need to listen again to the track to make sure), keep the delayed signal mix more than half + tone decay also around half.

Again regarding whether they are using chorus or not - I gotta listen to the track.

The gain should not be very high around 6 (if the max is 10) for the leads, but Judas Priest rhythm do not warrant more than 3 as gain.

3. cyclonetrap

cyclonetrap New Member

arre dude im not talking bout the usual rythm and lead patches .. i've got em nearly 80 - 90 % done ... in the song metal gods ... when the chorus is there ... they sing "metal Gods" and just then the guitars switch to a entirely different tone which sounds very very metallic (not hard rock metal type) ... like metal (iron - steel) .. how to create that patch ??

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

ok

Yeah I need to listen to the song.

But if I got this right this time: u are talking about the guitar refrain that comes right after and complements the 'Meeeetal Gaaawwwwdds" "tuing ting teng tong"

those 4 notes ?

well there they have used even lower distortion levels, higher treble + chorus - sounds almost like a driven Tweed amp, but it is a Marshall again.

5. cyclonetrap

cyclonetrap New Member

yup u got it right !

6. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

@ ashish : Try some sit and download the patch.. And try editing it if you are in a hurry..