Megadeth To Play In India!!

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by fictional_real, May 8, 2005.

1. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

2. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

:shock: can t :shock: believe :shock:
    megadeth :nw: vai :nw: india? :shock: :think:

3. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

WOW !!!!!!! Cant believe it.

4. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

I wont belive it, Dave Mustaine , met with an accident few years back and has stopped playing since then, Marty Friedman has gone solo after that. Then how will Megadeth be touring india........ I have heard stories of Skid ZRow since last 5 years, Pearl Jam for 2 yrs, Maiden for a year..... Vai and Satch for another 2......

5. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

Mustaine !!!!!
    Mega Dave !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm There !! Whoa !
    Delhi .... Fck ! Chennai Plz Plz Plz .. Oh Plzzz

6. tejas

tejas ..........

Sorry to burst your bubble. I saw this awhile ago and its not true. I saw it right there on UG and then later checked out the Megadeth forums. And Dave said "Nothing of that sort is planned, its not even on the radar". So....its not really good news for us.

7. tejas

tejas ..........

Err...where have you been living man?? Yes, Dave did meet with an accident, but he has recovered fully, and reformed Megadeth will new guitarist, bassist and Drummer and even released a new album. The album's called "The System Has Failed". It was released last year. Its a very very good album. Make sure you get it. And yes, he is touring, they are currently on their own tour called "Gigantour". But they arent coming to India, thats only part thats true.

8. Roadie2Rockstar

Roadie2Rockstar New Member

Well guys this is true that there is news of megadeath, steve via and Billy Sheehan coming to india and eric clapton early next year. Although I can tell for sure they are coming at present as the dates are not confirmed. you guys need to understand there is a process involved in confirming the band as well as the show. You know booking of venues as per those dates govt approval etc.

But hey they are coming!! dont worry.
    Cause its the year of rock n roll reunions.....

9. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Thanks Tejas for letting me know....... I read it some time back, then didnt check megadeth thinking tht they were extinct ...... thats great news anyway. I had heard of the album, but didnt know it was last year release.

10. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

11. Roadie2Rockstar

Megadeth is coming to india but might not perform in bombay, the organiser is facing issues on conviencing the govt that the show will be peacefull here so people in bombay get ready to go to Delhi or Banglore. If this show has to happen its around mid september. Its Cyrus Gorimar of brahma who is bringing dave's troups to the country after joe satriani's show this friday.

12. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

mumbai sux.....every band has to go thru sooo many fukin windows to atleast get a license to perform here....and on top of tht the freakin taxes are sooooo huge......

13. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

i believe its a different story now, isn't it? govt. has reduced the tax. Mumbai has the crowd.

14. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

hmm...might be true....but then y arent many bands comin to india....??

15. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Hmm... dont get me wrong...

It's the fukin Shiv Sainiks... I think... or people with the idealogy like them... ya know... ROCK MUSIC IS EVIL...

FUk them...

Im travelling to fukin Mt. Everest if Dave's concert is there...

STILL HOPING IT'LL BE TRUE!!!

16. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

yea its the crappy saffron brigade...bloody a**holes think they r the moral polica or smthin....u kno wat.....thakrey's limbs shud be tied and he shud be made to listen to cannible corpse and six feet under.....ha ha ha ha hahahahahah hahahahahahahhahahahaha :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

17. jukelove

jukelove New Member

cool man, thta a news. its time for some money saving plan man. who would miss him live!!!!

18. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

heaRD metallica are coming next year.

19. Roadie2Rockstar

Guy's its not the tax issue though nothing much has chnaged about it. Way back in 1995 it was about 25% or so which then begun to climb after wizcraft had a huge success with the M.J. show. By 2000 it climbed straight to 45% in mumbai itself. So make no mistake above it its shiv sena that eats this money. Now no organisers would want to have shows in mumbai. Even Irock is taxed at that bracket. Then scince last year it has started climbing the ladder down. It first came down to 40% and them immediately to 35%. Thats when DNA got roger waters to Banglore. I believe its now come to 30% and trust me organizers are not happy with this rate as well.

However that's not the point here you can easily organise a deep purple, joe satriani, steve vai show in mumbai, these shows are gauranteed to be peaceful. Although everyone knows people come drunk and stoned to concerts which is fine.

A megadeth or metallica show is not going to pull a 20-30,000 crowd but more than that. The govt is not as dumb as we think they are. They havethier personal advisers and depending on which artist is playing demand a ransum. This is a must as they have a very valid point here. For bringing down any international artist you need to have what they call police bandobast. They say cops have got better things to do to server the people and if they have to call extra staff for security reasons it will cost. which is fine with the organisers. Now can you imagine if their advisors get the calculation correct and say that these bands are violent and the crowd goes mad with them. Surely the govt will tripple the price for extra security so its not just the tax but the permissions and without proper security permission you cannot have a show. Besides its for the good f the organisers. But shiv sena is doing it cause they wont the money. Everyone knows if anything has to go wrong they will blame the organisers. So basically you have to pay them just to have that police backup and then pay a private security company like Tops to have about mimimum 50 guards for the concert. So you see bringing real metal bands is next to impossible. But Opium events is all charged up so its just that you will have to travel to banglore or delhi for the show.

20. Roadie2Rockstar

Megadeth, is sure to play in Mumbai or Banglore or both the places...

was just checking some posts on the gigpad site where people are cursing opium events for the joe satch show. They now even have problems with dave been a christian. I wonder when will you peole get out of this. does it matter, cause all i know is that the show is gonna happen thanks to opium events.