Mark Knopfler concert on Mar 2005 (Mumbai and Bangalore)

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by fictional_real, Feb 21, 2005.

1. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

CONCERT DETAILS

Mumbai

Date : - March 5, 2005
    Venue : - MMRDA Grounds Bandra Kurla Complex, Mumbai
    Gates Open : - 5.30pm : Show Starts : - 7.30pm

Bangalore

Date : - March 7, 2005
    Venue : - Palace Grounds, Bangalore
    Gates Open : - 5.30pm : Show Starts : - 7.30pm

Tickets Details:
    Rs. 2500 /-
    Rs. 1000 /-

Online Ticket booking and to view ticket outlets:

https://www.dna.indiatimes.com/tickets.html

for more details:

https://www.dna.indiatimes.com

source: indiatimes

Enjoy!

2. Bandbaaja

Bandbaaja Pronounced Band Baaaa Ja

i am gonna get ALL ACCESS :D
    HEHEHEHHAHAHAHAHOHOHOHOHHO

3. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Thread moved to Indian Rock Forum.

4. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

:LOATHE: LUCKY BASTARD @ BAND.... :LOATHE:

Have fun... cuz Ill be gearin for my boards!!!!

ANGER... ANGER...

5. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

@asmo....hard luck!
    @dist.....sorry! really didnt knw where to post it!! comfortable dumb ...he he.

1000 bucks! good dat concert is after my salary gets processed!!

6. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

i'm having my sem break..i'll have to be good in front of my parents..

7. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

i was in the bangalore for the concert yesterday... the guy kicks serious ass... though a better selection of songs would have been even more enjoyable... the ignorant bangalore crowd (at least around where i was standing) left a lot to be desired though... they couldnt recognise songs like "done with bonaparte", "why aye" and "speedway to nazareth".. also they didnrt give him no standing ovation at the end.. afterall he'd be leaving india after b'lore....Anyway the menu included 25 songs.... i noted them all and took some 50 pics of the whole thing, from the growing queue at the beggining to the show itself and finally the dispersing crowd.. but i am on vaccation now... you shall all get the lowdown on the 20t or so.. unless someone else gives u a lowdown by then.. any one attended the mumbai concert? how was it? and does IGT now have a "picture uploading" feature ??

8. Bandbaaja

i was at the mumbai concert
    simply amazing,
    or rather,
    i dont think there is any word in the dictionary that can describe the way i felt standing there watching this superman play.
    YES WATCHING MARK KNOPFLER PLAY LIVE !!!!

The hearing part had been done long back, I HAVE EVERYTHING that he has recorded, from notting hillbilies, to the neck & neck album with chet atkins, and all his solo albums and film soundtracks as well

As per me, the song selection was amazing, and mind you, it was mark knopfler solo, and not DIRE STRAITS, so for the wannabe dire straits fans, i think they got their paisavasool from those 3-4 songs of straits that he did

9. El macho

El macho New Member

Hey even I was there at Mumbai concert! & I feel it was out of the world! I stood for 4 hrs (to keep the place right in front) & didn't even reallize the pain in feet, till the show lasted. Man!! Knopfler is GOD! (we even conveyed this to him:D)
    & the Mumbai crowd was too good! cheered well! & had known all the songs except a couple ones like 'Donegone's gone' & another one from Shangri la!
    & yea MK had to return back to stage TWICE on public demand after saying good bye!

& & yea thanks to HSBC for providing big MK poster.

10. Bandbaaja

i ripped a giant poster too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

nice to hear the reviews ...

12. El macho

El macho New Member

@Bandbaaja He he! you too? did u rip it off the street light pole? that poor security person was running, trying to protect those big posters! & ppl were ripping it off at each pole LOL!