maple neck

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ShivanikHendrix, Jan 6, 2008.

1. ShivanikHendrix

ShivanikHendrix New Member

hey guys do u noe any place wer i can get a mapleneck n i also need a pickguard .i hav already asked onstage and bhatia (i live in delhi) any other place u guys noe?i need it for a squier strat.
    plz help me!!!!!

2. DagMX

DagMX New Member

You'd spend more on getting a decent neck than you did on the guitar...
    Only thing I can think o if you want it cheap is make your own which isn't that hard but our maple is very very hard.
    The other option I can think of is order from warmoth.

Lastly, jackson have a factory in india right?. Their nock pockets are probably similiar meaning that you could ask them for a replacement neck.

3. ShivanikHendrix

wat abt d pickguard?

4. DagMX

DagMX New Member

Pickguard is easy if you don't care about prewiring.
    Just get a large enough piece of acrylic/plastic and cut it out to shape. It's pretty easy to do.
    Or again, warmoth.com and guitarpartsdepot.com are your best bets,

5. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

Ask Erisa or Boby or Peter Parreira

6. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

^Who are these people? o_O

7. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

I misspelled Bobby.

These guys are luthiers

8. ShivanikHendrix

any idea wer i cld get a floyd rose tremolo system?? in delhi for my squier strat

9. ultrabot90

Where? Delhi? o.o

10. DagMX

DagMX New Member

ah the best modification to a squier is removing the god-aweful bridge.

Most any shop will sell you a floyd. Bharat will and I know for sure that bhargavas in daryaganj ahs loads plus he gets you anything you want

11. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Erisa - Pondicherry
    Bobby - Bangalore
    Peter - Mumbai (?)

12. ShivanikHendrix

any idea how much! yup in delhi

13. DagMX

DagMX New Member

between 3-8.5k depending on the quality of floyd you choose. An original floyd will run you about 8 i think, minus installation

14. ultrabot90

Bhargavas is in Daryaganj, Delhi, right? Is it the same as the one in Mumbai? As in, which one is the original, and which one is the subsidiary?

15. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

man I need to get the intonation on my squier fixed. Reckon a fixed bridge will help?

16. DagMX

DagMX New Member

I think the delhi one is the main one, because the guy there appears to own both. It's the same one.

17. DagMX

DagMX New Member

I doubt it. A squier bridge ca be a fixed bridge by simply adding as many sprigs as possible in the back and removing the whammy bar.

Other than that, you'll have to adjust the individual saddles like on all guitars. If that still doesn't work, it means your guitar has been made incorectly and you'll need to route it out to move the bridge a bit forward or back.

I just hate the squier bridges because of the height adjustment on the saddles where the screws stick up out of the saddles if you lower them. I either have to have ultra high action or have my hand impaled if I try to palm mute.