Making My Music

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by pritika17, May 7, 2008.

1. pritika17

pritika17 New Member

Hello everyone,

This is Pritika...I have been using IGT for getting music updates and lessons.
    I have started learning guitar last year and in that sense m a beginner n still learning.
    I want to do sumthing in Music...i think m not talented enough to make my own music ;)
    I believe thr r many good bands and groups in our country who r making good music but r not recognised.I want them to be known to evryone for tht I wanna start my own Music Company which would connect to such groups.
    But I don't know how to go about it.
    If anyone of you have any knowledge of how to make this happen or want to do something similar then please reply to me.

M sure I would find many people of similar interest !!!

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

The first thing you have to determine is whether your business venture is profitable...is it sustainable?

Actually no, it isn't. I'm just wondering whether you think it will be.

3. anshammer

anshammer MR. - 2 - MINZ

hmm...good idea!but "Pritika .u got the resources?bcoz..when you venture into this..you'll need a strong financial support plus contacts. :)
    do let us know...

4. Sastry

Sastry New Member

Pritika, Its nice to see some one having a dream. Here is my advice. If you are in US/UK, try to play for free in any church or some community gatherings. YMCA's encourages young talents. I think try to give a free music show in YMCA auditoriums. There is nothing wrong to give a try.
    Good luck,
    Sastry Karra
    j_karra@yahoo.com

5. rakesh_sargam

rakesh_sargam New Member

Hmmm i guess the thing ur thinking of is event management which doesn't need knowledge of music so I guess you are asking the wrong people maybe...most probably if you want to start such a venture then first thing is you will have to believe in yourself because that is the begining...and then you will have to have a network of artists which you can you use for stage performances and also contacts with people who need to have shows etc..example collaboration with other event managers etc.Usually the shows happen mostlly in colleges...or on Television and casetts /cds are not anymors a profitable proposition because of Piracy etc so for making this work first start with something of small magnitude and talk with some artists who live in your vicinity and some schools and colleges who want to have shows etc...i guess that would be kind a begining...!!