making a cheap 2x12 cab

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by availablegod, Aug 7, 2012.

1. availablegod

availablegod New Member

hey thanks a lot man!

i have one word for this forum :)

overwhelming (in the best possible way)

2. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

Thanks Man, Yes, Check with Ansar, be3 amps. I guess they arent cheap though. also check bajaao for EHX Preamp tubes, if thats what you are looking for.

3. tirtha2chester

tirtha2chester New Member

No cub 10 anywhere? GOD! Things have certainly changed badly due to the rupee weakening... At first I thought it was only about far fetched stuff... Nowadays even things like duncans and dimarzios, boss multifx and few well known brands of guitars like Schecter and PRS are disappearing from the city stores... And now the Laney Cub... I can swear I tried the Cub 10 at the beginning of this year in Braganzas... All that are left in stores now are chinese manufactured stuff...

4. tirtha2chester

Pretty right...
    The Blackheart cab comes with an eminence speaker and costs in the 11k price mark... So if you are going for the Blackheart head why not the cab too... Besides the equivalent combo amp, the little giant would cost you less so unless you want a stack real bad, you can go for the combo (BH5-112) since that would save you 4-5ks and hence you can recover the cab cost with a bonus of getting an eminence in you amp rather than the ahuja :D

5. availablegod

availablegod New Member

i had to put this out...the head ain't coming...the roland pro guys bailed out on me. it's a good thing that they did so before i actually paid them..am totally pissed..i kinda knew this could have happened..but i still feel like shit

6. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

awwww.. that's a sad news

7. tirtha2chester

I would have expected that from them....

8. availablegod

availablegod New Member

went out yesterday and bought a bugera v5..almost out of vengeance :p

but **** !!

it is beautiful...it's so much better than the vox ac4tv that i had tried out prior to that (IMHO). Does it have that sparkling clean tone that the vox offers ?
    Nope
    but it has a sound of it's own...and boy oh boy !!! i seem to love that beautiful slightly moody clean tone coming out of it's beautiful grills :D :D :D

it's going to sound incredible with a slight (very slight) warble which a good delay pedal might offer.

and about the crunch....the distortion is more graceful than that of the vox...and at low volumes it could sound really really indie rockish.

at higher volumes it's just rowdy...but a little bit bass heavy. but turning the tone control all the way up helps...add a little bit of equalization and you are good to go.

the amp has a very crystalline kind of sound...you would be able to hear every little details of your playing...and pickup changes never sounded more rad :D

plus it sounds beautiful at lower volumes too...even at the o.1 watt mode.

sometimes I think that we live in a matrix

9. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Congrats on your purchase... How much did you pay for it?

10. tirtha2chester

Great... Heard both good things and bad things about the amp, but this one outweighs the rest... :D

Where did you get it from? and how much did it cost you?

11. availablegod

availablegod New Member

got it for 14 k (including taxes) from a shop called music cafe (it's near the railbridge on s.p mukherjee road)

12. tirtha2chester

Holy crap! 14ks? ONLY?
    That was the price a year ago!

You are one lucky dude!

That was Mustaque's shop you went to... Its an awesome shop!

13. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Nice pricing...

14. availablegod

availablegod New Member

people you aren't giving my haggling abilities it's due respect !!

jokes aside..

yes i was lucky...the guys over there seemed to be really co-operative

15. tirtha2chester

Are you planning an extension cab now that you've got a good amp?

How are the cabs priced there?

16. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

I paid 14k just for the cab... shipped :p:

17. availablegod

availablegod New Member

@tirtha: no extension cabs for now.
    i have my eyes set on a quality wah pedal (ibanez weeping demon jr ;D )

i didn't see guitar cabs over there at the shop..only a lot of bass cabs...but then again i might be mistaken.
    since i didn't see a cab..i never asked them about the prices either.. i might go over there this Tuesday again for the wah pedal...i will post the prices then..

@rickkkyrich: which cab did you get ?

18. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Ordered from ansar... He charges 11k for a cab normally with Vintage 30 or the Greenbacks but mine was oversized so he charged 12k for the cab plus 2k shipping .. Mine has V30

19. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

may i ask who is ansar

20. availablegod

availablegod New Member

hey...just curious...why an oversized cab?