make your OWN accoustic pickup!!!!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by shak, Jan 4, 2005.

1. shak

shak Harrr!

me tooo.....i'll ask my physics proff. he might be able to sort this problem out..

2. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

thanks... will do the same - cool avatar

3. shak

shak Harrr!

i found the second piezo..(i had to sacrifice my wrist watch)..linked the first with the second ..in parallel and then in series ...and it works BOTH WAYS!!....i stuck them in my electric's control cavity and it produces a very well balanced acoustic guitar sound..so i think there must be some diference between the two ... but its so subtle that you cannot really feel it..

4. pixelwise

pixelwise New Member

I tried this about.. 12 years ago. The piezo I got from a birthday card. A very fun thing to do, and you can even use your acoustic as a mic. Sing before the soundhole if you don't mind looking silly onstage with your face covered with a guitar. :D

5. deathdr_87

are u sure that both are working? and not just one... either ways it seems good that double piezos work... is it louder or nething?? pls if u have time post a short recording of the double piezo system in action...

6. shak

shak Harrr!

^^^ good point there @death...how do i know if both of them are working or not.....hmmmmm....i'll see if i can record the sound and i'll post it soon!
    cheers

7. mathai

mathai Mathai Learns To Rock

after reading all your posts,i got motivated and started making my own
    pick up for my classical gtr,and guess what, it was a big failure :eek::
    but i got a better idea :Lighten: "get it done in some shops with std pick ups" :p:

8. shak

shak Harrr!

don't worry buddy...at least you tried!!

9. mathai

mathai Mathai Learns To Rock

hey sharukh can u mention where can u get these piezo elements..
    i even opened my old clock,but couldn't find any....
    the one which i did wasn't a piezo,it was magnetic(headphone speaker)
    but even that worked,but with very lil volume...

10. shak

shak Harrr!

LOL...no wonder why it failed...no you cannot make acoustic pickup with headphone speaker...you can get piezo from "digital alarm wrist watches" for sure...when you take the rear steel cover off..you will find the piezo on the underside of it..it will be a really flat, round golden coloured thing with a silver circle in center..
    but i would recommend that you go to your local electrical supplies market and ask them for piezos...i am not sure but i think it is also called a tweeter speakers...
    hope this helps..but if you need more help....PM me...

11. deathdr_87

oh and pls tell me.. when you find out if both work or not.... can u use some sort of ammeter to check if both are generating current?

12. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

its better to get this things by a professional rather than doing it urself. no offense if its not messing ur guitar though!

13. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

stop talking rubbish FR its only soldering wires together

14. fictional_real

^^^whoa! chill pal! i thought it wud mess up guitars. i dunno much knowlegde!

15. rabi_sultan

then don't say that you should get things done by a "professional" its a waste of money especially for something like this which was posted to be done by people who want to do it themselves. ESPECIALLY when you don't have much knowledge on the matter.

16. fictional_real

yo dude....u dont have give lecture on dat. wats wid the attitude? i didnt mean getting things done by professional only for the pickups ..there r lots of other stuffs too.

watch ur attitude.

17. rabi_sultan

i'm not gonna get into a fight because its just not worth it but you shouldn't go around and give bad advice such as only let a professional touch it especially when you admit that you don't have much knowledge on that matter.

it is misleading and ignorant to post in that situation so you better be prepared when someone gives you a lecture about it. don't post nonsense and drivel especially when you can't back it up.

18. shak

shak Harrr!

cool down people...lets on get off just becuase of some stupid pickups..
    @deathdr..sorry for keeping you waiting buddy..but i can't find a way to check if both of them are working or not..and sorry i don't have a ammeter...i would to try to speed things up..and i will post the audio soon

@rabi...respect you my friend..but be a little subtle... :)

19. fictional_real

@rabi....read my post dude, i meant its no problem to go ahead if its not messing ur guitars. you cud just reply by saying dat its not a big issue. even i am not interested in having skirmish wid you arn here. u r just pinching me hard and asking "dear, is it paining"?
    @shahrukh and all......sorry guys, off - topic.