Make ur OWN ELECTRIC GUITAR from scratch (almost)

Discussion in 'Guitar Lessons, Tutorials & Tips' started by Hav0c_x, May 17, 2005.

1. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

Huuuuuggggggggggggggggeeeeeeeee differences are made by wood. Why wouldn't a Fat Strat sound like a Les Paul? Or a SG with single coils sound like a Tele?
    Its al because of the wood.

Fenders are normally made of Alder, even then a Strat and a Tele don't sound the same, as different size/shape and amount of wood makes the difference.

Thus it is obvious that wood type is a huge part of the overall tone of the guitar.

2. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

yeah, thought of it but never played an electric so didnt know........

3. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

hmmmmmmmmmm this topic is really getting interesting reply by reply.good job havoc-x but is till wonder if you did it yourself.

4. bhavna

bhavna New Member

hey who r u?? mech eng i think!!

5. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

hey bleedin' feller ...

am gonna complain to the Fender blokes ... coz u have put up their logo on your "custom-home-made guitar" ...

man do u know that something known as copyright exist?

6. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

hmm...since my parents are not agreeing fer even an acoutic..i have been long thinkin bout buildin a guitar...as everything else i have learnt..i looked up the internet fer it....its pretty easy...except the woodwork...i didnt even get the idea of getting it done from a carpenter...i knew the theory n stuff before i even played guitar..but my plan fer building a guitar was....get a guitar neck...make the body out of ne wood that is kinda thick enough...(i wanted a v-shape one....less wood...less effort...and might even allow me to play all 24 frets verrry easily.....).......make the pic ups...(several ways there..)...and do all that stuff he havoc has mentioned....i also wanted to add a seventh string...that would have made up fer the extra frets i might have failed to get in a pre made neck....(i've heard vai makes 7 strings too..)
    but i never found a guitar neck....so my dream never could become a reality....duh..kinda stupid i know...but great work dudeee...keep it up...
    and yeah...a self made guitar might not be as good as a company made...but surely havoc is right...there is no match fer the satisfaction,joy,pride blah blah blah..that u get when u make your own sweetie hottie guitars

7. thecoolone

thecoolone Judas Priest My Guide

Congrats man !! thats quite an achievement !! if it is easy tell me how to go about to do it.. i might also give it a try :think:

8. #iR@

#iR@ GANDI BACHI RELOADED

yaar....... whoever u r.................. cha gaye ho!!!!!!!!

9. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

gr8 stuff dudes.i only know to make guitar outta legos.

10. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

thecoolone...i think havoc has already told you what to do...
    if u want photgraphed tutorial or nething....you can visit 'www.buildyourownguitar.com'...(i think that is the address ...should be correct..)

btw...theres a simpler method...you can do away with making your own pic ups.....you can get some cheap acoustic pic ups fer some 110 ruppes (here in my city)...and they come ready with a jack and stuff......so you dont even need to dismantle your tape
    all it need is a bit of improvisation....just like playing guitar solos modified fer your own convinience

11. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

do away with the woodwork...get a carpenter to do it.....
    and if possible...get a pre made neck.....i dont think even a carpenter would be able to make a good neck.....

12. FaWaD

FaWaD New Member

13. Mudit Malhotra

Mudit Malhotra BLOODY FINGERED

nice work man nice work

14. Hav0c_x

Hav0c_x New Member

man... i had noo idea my string was going so popular...... damn.. i log on to find so chords and whoa my sting is still on the top even a month after my last post...keep it up guys and thanx fer those linx... i need a good site on wood work... i am now workin on a new project to get me thru my holidays... am buildin dune buggy.....

15. mad_man

mad_man oo my god kill Em all

hey i wanna ask does that guitar ever worked??????????

16. mad_man

mad_man oo my god kill Em all

hey by the way.............. Mudit Malhotra the definatoins in ur signature are cool man

17. nadish

nadish Active Member

Well well well.............. Seems like every 1 is intrested in making his own guitar......... thats fantastic... Nice thread by Havoc!!!!!!! Reps 4 ya...

18. nadish

nadish Active Member

Ok tell me what is the function of "Tremolo Bar" and how does it works??? I've made My guitar with Two Pickups, Bridge Pickup and offcourse the Neck Pickup, I've also connected the switch that allows to use any of two pickups or both.... But I dont ne thing abt Tremolo bar but I've seen Mekaal Hassan using it lot of times.......

19. Hav0c_x

Hav0c_x New Member

tremolo bars are used to kind of distort the sound in a way u can say sounds like the dropplers effect. when u pull or push the bar it either titens or loosens the strings which causes the change in sound......btw my olevel rezukts are duwe in 3 days .. pray

20. nadish

nadish Active Member

Best of Luck 2 u..... And tell me how can I make/place a tremolo bar in my guitar?????