Made in India Acoustic Guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sendhil76, Mar 14, 2005.

1. sendhil76

sendhil76 New Member

Hello Everyone!

Joined in just today and am VERY pleased to see a passionate bunch at work on this forum :) Cheers to one and all!

Was actually searching on the web for Indian Guitar manufacturers and was quite dissapointed as i could not come across any with a web precense! BUT i did come across this wonderfull forum which by the way i have been going through for the last 2 days and am therefore quite *enlightened*!!

I still have lots of questions and therefore this post which has compliments, observations and queries all bundled together!

I used to play the guitar when i was in school...which is the year 92 :) and now after all this time...i intend to do so again! Thus the search for a GOOD WORKMANSHIP and GOOD SOUNDING Acoustic Guitar. I am not very particular about how my musical instrument 'looks' like!
    In school i had liberal access to my teacher's guitar WHICH by the way i am desperately trying to locate...it was LARGE size...and by far the best sounding and best designed acoustic in my experience! (Which is not much and i have played the Givsom or Givson??? quite a bit, which almost everyone else had...and which according to me is NOT a pleasant musical experience.)
    My teachers guitar was the air hole type and not the 'f' type...made my the Emmanuel Guitar Company, Kerala. I have been racking my brains to remember more of the address...with little results.

Does anyone on this board know of this make? Or can help me out trace this firm?

By the way, i am open to suggestions from you all regarding the Acoustics currently available in the market and from my understanding (from this forum) the Hobner make is the MOST popular which is the 'f' type. Brilliant is what the overall opinion is...any such Brilliant acoustics the air hole type??

I will appreciate it very much if people can assist me with their suggestions regarding the instrument i intend to purchase! Which is, Acoustic, preferably Large size as i LOVE low frequency response alongwith the BRIGHTER tones :) and yes, it has to be the air hole type, how it looks like is not very important and Made in India tops it off quite well :)

By the way, some interesting info. for you all...Goa is a yearly pilgrimage for me...and this time i came across something really awesome...and unfortunately it was the day before i was heading back to base, else i would have stayed for it. Please check out https://www.jungleguitars.com

I am the hardcore DIY kind! And i was VERY dissapointed when i got to know of this.

Thank you all for your time and i look forward to your suggestions!

Stay well!

2. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

go for the imported ones

you would do much better buying the lesser priced imported ones like GB&A and J&D brothers real value for money, very good quality much better than any indian make.

3. sendhil76

sendhil76 New Member

Thank you!

Thank you Sanjiv!

Already checked out the makes and am settling for an Aria from Japan as the build quality and sound is excellent! You can have a look at https://www.ariaguitars.com

Thank you once again for your suggestion.
    Stay well.

4. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

where and how much

Yes Aria guitars are quite good. I saw Aria have only one distributor in Delhi, and I have not found any Aria guitars in Bangalore.

Which model have you decided on? and where are you buying it, for how much?

5. sendhil76

sendhil76 New Member

Details

Hi Sanjiv,

The Japanese company has just one dealer for India. Address is mentioned on their website. FYI, its Bharat Music House and quote they have given is approx. 3.5-4K which i will have to negotiate. Model is AW20. Hope this fulfills your request.
    Stay well.

6. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

@sendhil......hi sendhil, Welcome to IGT. i dunno where you stay, if you stay in mumbai tell me, there are several places frm where you can buy acoustic guitars.

since, you are beginers loads of guys which suggest you hobner 265 which is way cheaper. just for 2.5k. if you have more bucks like arnd 6k to 8k, you can go for yamaha and granada too.

7. bitat

bitat New Member

where?

Where can I get a Hobner 265 and how much should i expect to pay for it?

8. sendhil76

sendhil76 New Member

Thanks fictional_real! I already have an Aria acoustic now :)

9. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Do ya ppl know that GUITARS (Accoustic made in India are of MAJOR Demand in us .. cost something 2k USD !!!!!!!)

10. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Now where did you get this info? I knew wood from Kerala was exported for making guitars but this is real news...

11. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

google for indian handmade guitars with some other keys .... u'll get to know ...... No idea which site .. had seen it long time back .....

12. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Okie thanks....

13. pawank90

pawank90 New Member

hey guys i have a kapps acoustic guitar which i have purchased from panipat haryana for rs4000 1 months ago but it has started giving trouble coz it makes mute sounds on several tabs like the bottom frets are touching the played string

i have gone to the shop he just filled the fret which touches the string but the problem still persists

pllllllsssssssssss helpppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!